If you want to learn how to choose the correct style and colour in a shirt just for you then you will want to read this article. Specifically we will discuss how to find the colours you need and the best style for your size and build. By the end of this article you should be able to walk into any store and pick the shirt that is just right for you.
Have you ever bought a shirt that just seemed to be perfect when you saw it in the store, but when you got it home and wore it once, it hung in your closet never to be worn again? Maybe you have committed this shirt mistake more than once because you cannot seem to get it right. Here are three tips to picking a shirt that looks good on you and is comfortable to wear…
1. First of all, you must know your size. When you guess at your size, you only get it right part of the time. Go to a good department store and get your measurements. Your shirts have been uncomfortable because you buy the wrong size. They also do not look good on you because they do not fit. A shirt never looks good if it is too small or too large.
2. The quality of the shirt is very important. Buy the best shirt your budget will allow. It is tempting to buy a cheaper shirt thinking that you can afford more shirts if you buy the cheaper shirts. However, in the long run you will pay more than you bargained for. The cheaper shirt will shrink faster and the colour will fade quicker. If you stick to a good quality 100% cotton or silk shirt you will find they last longer. Remember that these fabrics require ironing. At the end of this article you can find some websites online that provide HIGH QUALITY shirts.
Good stitching is another sign of a quality shirt. Stitching should be strong but subtle. Make sure the stitching is not fraying.
3. Colour is vey important to how the shirt will look on you. Choose colours that enhance your complexion. Have someone analyze your colour needs. There are colours you look good in and colours you should stay away from to look your best. There are bright colours that are right for you that will give some personality to your wardrobe.
The safest choice in patterns is solids because they are much easier to match up with your other clothing. If you are adventurous find a small understated pattern. Just remember the larger and bolder the print, the harder it will be to match up with your other clothing.
The style you choose depends on your body build. If you are slimmer, you can wear a more tailored fit. If you have a heavier build or have a few extra pounds to hide, wear a standard fit. Do not buy a shirt that is too big. It will add pounds to your frame rather than hide them.
Where to Buy a High Quality Shirt Online
The great thing about buying shirts online is that because you already have you measurements for your chest and neck you can guarantee that it will fit. It’s only a matter of finding the right quality of fabric and picking the right colours.
Here are some very reputable sellers of shirts online. They are of high quality, have a range of colours and vary from tailor made to high quality off the shelf items:
- Saville Row – One of the most recognised and fashionable tailors worldwide. You can see clothes from here in popular TV shows like Gossip Girl (dressing Manhattans elite).
- FORZIERI – High quality Italian tailors producing beautiful shirts for men.
- YOOX – These stock a massive array of designers and clothing. You can find tailored products on site by all the high fashion brands like Boss, Westwood, Prada, Fendi, Gucci etc.
- Moss Bros – Well renowned London Tailor who provide a first class service and high quality products in the middle budget range.
- NEXT – More budget shirts, but large selection of colours, designs and ties and decent quality for price.