So with the holidays fast approaching – and the prospect of a stranger entering your room and leaving you presents – little children and myself are getting excited the world over. Today I thought I’d share with the rest of you Beaners out there what I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed for this year. It may even give you some inspiration about what you can beg
your Mum and Dad Santa for as well. This is pretty much the exact copy of the letter that I posted to Lapland a couple of weeks ago… so here we go.
1. Now I’ve been thinking about this one for a long time Santa and I’ve decided that what I really need is a decent overcoat. It’s gotten really cold recently and my trench coat, pea coat and parka just aren’t cutting it. Now obviously there are loads of colours to chose from but I’ve decided that I’d want it to be in this seasons colour of choice; camel. But can you make sure that it fits properly please? It needs to be big enough in the shoulders that I can still wear my blazers underneath them but not too long in the leg. Only a few inches above the knee please.
2. I also need to be looking ahead to the coming S/S so I think it’s time I invested in a new denim jacket. I wore the hell (sorry Santa) out of my last one during the Spring months but it was a bit on the casual side so I think I should have one for more formal occasions. But remember just like last Christmas, it needs to be a snug fit so maybe a size smaller than I usually go and this time I’d like it in black. That way I can wear it with my jeans if I want to and avoid the hazardous terrain of double blue denim!
3. I also need a new pair of desert boots as my last pair have fallen apart. They’re great because they’re not quite a dress shoe and not quite trainers. They’re pretty much the definition of ‘smart casual’, and a man who pulls off red as well as you do should understand the benefits and versatility this would provide in my outfits.
4. In my search for preppy perfection, I’d like to add my usual request for another striped tie Santa. I know I ask for one every year and I pretty much have enough to fill a separate wardrobe, but I just can’t get enough of them. Whether I’m wearing it with a blazer, v-neck jumper, cardigan or just with a simple white oxford and chinos combo, it adds a bit of preppy flair to the look in an instant.
5. And finally, just as a cheeky stocking filler, can I have some colourful socks Santa? Now I’m not fussed about whether they’re solid, checked, striped or whatever suits your fancy – I just want them in a colour other than grey, navy or black. Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean I can’t have a bit of fun with my socks right?
So I guess all that’s really left to ask is… what’s on your Christmas list this year guys?
As this article is over a year old, the comments are now closed.
If you have a specific question about one of the points raised in the article, why not join our free fashion & style forum and start a thread? The FashionBeans community will always do their best to help you out, and our writers also frequent the forums regularly.
Alternatively, you can get in touch with us on our contact us page.