While the UK has more than its fair share of great independent clothing boutiques, British sartorialists often play second fiddle to our friends across the pond. Many of the world’s best designer menswear shops are based in the USA and don’t offer online shopping; however, one website has stepped up to act as an online shopping portal for some of the best boutiques all over the world.
FarFetch.com provides you with access to the latest men’s clothing from some of the World’s most desirable independent boutiques – and allows you to pay for all of it in your native currency! For us in the UK, this means you could potentially pick up a limited edition blazer from an Italian boutique, a pair of the latest trainers from a New York specialist and finish it off with a beautiful leather briefcase from France, all in the same shopping spree.
It really does offer those men who desire a truly unique and individual style a chance to develop a wardrobe that (literally) consists of items from all the corners of the globe.
The Top 5 American Menswear Boutiques
Today we team up with the guys at FarFetch to showcase a few of our favourite American outfitters. And what’s more, if a trip to New York or Los Angeles is not on your radar, you can browse their individual range of designer clothes for men on farfetch.com.
1. Atrium, New York
Location: New York, United States
Brands to look out for: Nudie Jeans, Shades of Grey, Iro, Maison Scotch
Atrium is a denim-lovers’ magnet in New York’s East Village. This shop has been mixing casual and progressive fashion since 1994 with brands such as Nudie Jeans, Shades of Grey and Maison Scotch sharing the shelves with Android Homme, Iro, J Brand and more.
- Scotch And Soda Sun Faded T-shirt
- Scotch And Soda V-neck T-shirt
- Scotch And Soda Bright Washed Blazer
- Shades Of Grey Knit Baseball Jacket Shades Of Grey Knit Baseball Jacket
- Benson Triangle Print Short
- Open Market The Six Pocket Jean
2. Bonnie & Clyde’s, Chicago
Location: Chicago, United States
Brands to look out for: Henrik Vibskov, Rad by Rad Hourani, Injury
Bonnie & Clyde is an alternative Chicago boutique catering to both men and women; it stocks cutting-edge designer clothing in addition to limited edition art, photography and publications. Leave your old-fashioned ideas about masculinity at the door and browse through collections from designers such as Ann Demeulemeester and Henrik Vibskov.
- Ann Demeulemeester Lucian Top
- Ann Demeulemeester Whistle Scarf
- Ann Demeulemeester Sierra Trouser
- Ann Demeulemeester Rise Phantom Jacket
- Ann Demeulemeester Absolution Jacket
- Ann Demeulemeester Vietllo Olio Sandal
3. Traffic, Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Brands to look out for: Paul Smith, Dolce & Gabbana, D Squared
Traffic has outfitted Hollywood’s best and brightest since the 1970s, stocking brands such as Viktor & Rolf, Paul Smith and Vivienne Westwood in addition to Alexander McQueen shoes and an excellent range of accessories; think movie-star sharp and rock-star edgy.
- Unconditional Drape Neck T-shirt
- Viktor & Rolf Button Down Shirt
- Paul Smith Leather Trim Blazer
- Viktor & Rolf Blue Suit
- Kris Van Assche Stone Pant
- Bruno Bordese Low Laced Leather Boot
4. American Rag, Los Angeles and San Francisco
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Brands to look out for: Chanel Vintage, Vivienne Westwood, Comme des Garcons
American Rag is California’s worst kept secret; its three locations and Denim Bar stock new and innovative designers alongside the best vintage wares that California has to offer. Shop indie darlings Acne, APC and Goti alongside venerable labels like Comme des Garcons, Junya Watanabe and Vivienne Westwood… and make your girlfriend happy with some vintage Chanel.
- Drifter Jared Tank
- Welcome Stranger Clean Seam Shirt
- Junya Watanabe Comme Des GarÇons Dungaree Jacket
- Engineered Garments Cordiane Short
- Comme Des GarÇons Duffel Bag
- Hudson Benito Slip-on Loafer
5. Industrie Denim, San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, United States
Brands to look out for: Levi’s, Current/Elliott, Ksubi
Industrie Denim set up shop in 2011 in San Francisco, the home of denim and Levi’s jeans. They have boldly declared their intention to be the best denim shop in the world, and have several floors featuring countless cuts, styles and brands to live up to that claim. Shop for vintage and modern Levi’s as well as denim from Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons, Current/Elliott, Skargorn and Closed.