Dolce and Gabbana Spring/Summer 2012 Man Collection
Dolce and Gabbana have kicked off the New Year wonderfully with the release of their new spring/summer 2012 lookbook. Filled with the expected fine tailoring, exquisite styles and cool summer shades, the outfits are presented in a somewhat minimalistic fashion.
The tailored looks are very cut oriented and there is great emphasis on ‘separates’ – mixing and matching trousers and suit jackets along with waistcoats in order to create a wide range of individual looks.
Key patterns the brand have focused on include polka dots and pinstripes (60s influence) – which have been utilised on both shirts and accessories.
The casual wear has been showcased through a combination minimalist and layered looks, which will appeal to wide range of individual tastes and styles. Denim shorts seem to be a recurring piece within the collection, along with a selection of bright summer colours, fine leathers and lightweight casual tailoring to suit all of your seasonal needs.
As far as casual shoes are concerned, Dolce and Gabbana have opted to team smart shoe silhouettes like brogues and Derbies with casual shorts and denim jeans – this clashing of styles being a trend that has been around for a couple of years and is still looking strong for the foreseeable future.
The colour palette utilised is vast, but individual outfits tend to stick with a more tonal theme – e.g. layering blues with blues or purples with purples. This is yet another trend that began to form during the current autumn/winter season and seems to be pushing on into the spring/summer 2012 season as well.
Key concepts from the lookbook:
- Three piece/two piece suit separates (mix and match at will).
- Pinstripes and polka-dots are key prints (shirts or accessories).
- Bow ties and neck scarves are used as finishing touches that promote individuality.
- Denim is back, in both shorts and jean styles.
- Leather jackets are still a key transitional piece (brightly coloured or traditional).
- Brogue and Derby silhouettes are promoted as casual shoe options.
- Bright colour tonal layering.
Check out the full collection over at Dolce & Gabbana.