Inis Meain Burnt Orange Boatbuilder’s Rollneck Knit

Homespun knits have made a triumphant return to the wardrobes of many style-conscious men over the past few winters, with the interest in the charm and practicality of these traditional knits seemingly yet to wane.

Bearing in mind the penchant for such attire, Irish label Inis Meáin’s offering of skilfully-loomed knits are the must-have purchase for the sartorially-savvy gent this season. Drawing its name from the Aran island on which the label was born, the brand embodies the finest elements of the islanders’ sartorial customs and functional work wear.

With the Aran Islands’ heritage closely interlinked with the sea, the native inhabitants of these isles developed warming, durable knitwear suitable for the hard physical toil and inclement weather that their menfolk would endure on their fishing expeditions.

Drawing inspiration from their hallowed archives for the garments, the design team at Inis Meáin have recreated the ‘boatbuilder’ jumper for AW12. This lovingly woven premium-yarn knit has superb insulation abilities, whilst remaining nonrestrictive; qualities appreciated both by 19th century fisherman hauling in catches in the Atlantic swell, and modern gents alike. In a slight tweak to the original design, a 10% cashmere composition has been used in the weave, with the remaining 90% pure merino wool, ensuring that the boatbuilder sweater is both a luxurious and practical choice to face the unforgiving British elements.

Offered in two equally versatile shades of neutral cream and on trend burnt orange, simply pair it with a wool-rich pea coat and lean denim, and you’re set to face either ocean squall or city deluge with confidence.

Available from my-wardrobe.com now priced at £229.00.

Available At
Mywardrobe Logo
Inis Meain Burnt Orange Boatbuilder’s Rollneck Knit:

Inis Meain Burnt Orange Boatbuilder's Rollneck Knit

Inis Meain Burnt Orange Boatbuilder's Rollneck Knit

Inis Meain Burnt Orange Boatbuilder's Rollneck Knit