lookmantastic Hair & Grooming Awards 2012
Aside from replacing the champagne for coffee and orange juice, the lookmantastic Hair & Grooming Awards had all the glamour you’d expect from an beauty industry award ceremony hosted at The Club at The Ivy, including a celebrity host in the form of Caroline Flack.
But in addition to Caroline’s legs, dapper suits and swanky heels (not combined I might add), there were some prizes to be won. Showcasing some of the biggest names in the industry, the 2012 lookmantastic awards highlighted the cream of an outstanding grooming crop in an industry that’s going from strength to strength.
So without keeping you in suspense, FashionBeans can reveal who walked home with an award, and which products should be next on your ‘must try’ list – there’s even an exclusive 20% FashionBeans discount code!
Special Recognition Award – Best In Grooming
As part of the celebrations, lookmantastic announced one special award, highlighting the men’s grooming brand they felt had done the most to keep guys looking tip top in 2012. Scooping the illustrious prize ahead of more established names like ClarinsMen, Lab Series and American Crew, men-u were chosen because of their commitment to producing an uncomplicated, yet comprehensive range of products with the principle that ‘performance matters’.
To celebrate their ‘Best In Grooming’ gong at the LM Awards, FashionBeans readers can now save 20% on all men-u products when you enter ‘MENUFASHB’ at the checkout.
With thousands of lookmantastic customer votes collected online, the 2012 lookmantastic Hair & Grooming Awards honoured those grooming products Joe Public can’t live without.
L to R: Best Shampoo – Redken For Men Go Clean Shampoo, Best Conditioner/Treatment – Kérastase Homme Capital Force Densifying Treatment, Best For Special Care – Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo C1, Best Styling Product – Sebastian Professional Craft Clay:
- Redken For Men Go Clean Shampoo 300ml
- Kérastase Homme Captial Force – Densifying Treatment 125ml
- Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo C1 250ml
- Sebastian Professional Craft Clay 50g
L to R: Best Face Wash – Murad Blemish Control Clarifying Cleanser, Best Moisturiser – ClarinsMen Super Moisture Balm, Best Eye Care – Nivea For Men Q10 Revitalising Eye Roll On, Best Special Skincare Product – men-u Matt Skin Refresh Gel:
- Murad Blemish Control Clarifying Cleanser 200ml
- Clarinsmen Super Moisture Balm 50ml
- Nivea For Men Q10 Revitalising Eye Roll-on 15ml
- Men-u Matt Skin Refresh Gel 100ml
L to R: Best Shave Cream – The Bluebeards Revenge Luxury Shaving Cream, Best Grooming Tool – Braun Series 7, Best Body Care – Liz Earle For Men Face & Body Wash:
- The Bluebeards Revenge Luxury Shaving Cream 100ml
- Braun Male Shaver Series 7-790cc-3
- Liz Earle For Men Face & Body Wash 200ml
Expert Award Winners
When so many men are still so new to the world of luxury grooming products, it’s a real help to have a little help from the experts in the field. Which is why lookmantastic asked three grooming connoisseurs (including FashionBeans very own Ben Herbert) which products topped their must-have list. Here are their choices…
L to R: Best Shampoo – Aveda Men’s Pure Formance Shampoo, Best Conditioner – Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lemon Sage Thickening Conditioner, Best For Special Care – Philip Kingsley Flaky Itchy Scalp Shampoo, Best Styling Product – Hairbond Moulder Professional Hair Shaper:
- Aveda Men Pure-formance Shampoo 300ml
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lemon Sage Thickening Conditioner 300ml
- Philip Kingsley Shampoo For Flaky & Itchy Scalps 250ml
- Hairbond Moulder Professional Hair Shaper 100ml
L to R: Best Face Wash – Elemis Men Deep Cleanse Facial Wash, Best Moisturiser – men-u Facial Moisturiser Lift, Best Eye Care – Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel, Special Care Skincare Product – Lab Series MAX LS Overnight Renewal Serum:
- Elemis Men Deep Cleanse Facial Wash 200ml
- Men-u Facial Moisturiser Lift 100ml
- Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel 28g
- Lab Series Skincare For Men Max Ls Overnight Renewal Serum 30ml
L to R: Best Shave Cream – Anthony Logistics Shave Cream, Best Grooming Tool – Wahl Professional Super Taper Hair Clipper, Best Body Care – L’Oreal Men Expert Invincible 96 Hours Deodorant: