Here at FashionBeans you will probably already be aware that we encourage all readers to develop and define their personal style; a way of dressing that is unique to you, so that you can stand out from the masses. However, with an increasing focus on fast fashion and mass produced high street clothing, the modern male can lose or dilute his individuality through choosing styles that many others will be wearing as well.
Of course, that doesn’t mean you should go out and spend the Earth only buying premium designer clothing or limited editions, as it has always been about how you wear something, rather than what you wear.
But what about those guys who like rare items? The type that are ‘one of a kind’, have real character and a hand crafted touch. Sure there are vintage and charity shops – where you have the potential to find hidden treasures at a fraction of the cost – but shopping these regularly takes time and patience, which many men just don’t posses.
If the above describes you and how you approach your personal style, then we might just have the solution for you today. NotABrand.com is an international webshop where designers, artists and other creatives display and sell their unique work to those who love handcrafted clothing, artwork, home decor and accessories.
Based in Denmark, we all know that the Scandinavian approach to style has always been about high quality, functional clothing – you will not often see branding on pieces, and there is much more focus on fit and detailing. It is this stripped back and refined nature that we encourage daily on FashionBeans.
- Competition: Win a Cravatta Pelliano Tie!
- Who Are NotABrand.com?
- FashionBeans Favourites
- Terms of The Competition
NotABrand have kindly donated a prize that is up for grabs to all FashionBeans readers. You can WIN your choice of a Cravatta Pelliano, knitted tie (read our brand profile in the FashionBeans Favourites section below) worth €79!
These ties are of the highest Italian craftsmanship; made from the finest silk (100%) or precious cashmere (100%), they combine the superb yarns with the best weaving techniques Italy has to offer.
The competition is open to everyone wordlwide (one entry per person) – so get your friends and family to enter to increase your chances of winning!
Closing date: 6th July 2012
How To Enter
The best thing is, it is so simple to enter. All you have to do is:
- ‘Like’ notabrand on facebook (we have made it easy for you below.)
- Go to the Cravatta Pelliano page on their site and pick your favourite tie.
- Come back here and post the link to the tie you want to win in the comments section and you will be entered into the draw.
First, a bit of information about the company from the guys themselves:
“NotAbrand functions as a platform for contact between artists, designers and craftsmen and the end consumer. All products on notAbrand are produced by independent designers, artists and craftsmen with their own line of production. It is totally free for designers to join the sales platform and have access to a personal shop-in-shop.
NotAbrand has existed since 2007 and is currently in its 2nd generation stage. Since the beginning, the founding fathers have intensified the search for international sellers and potential buyers. Since 2008 the NotAbrand team has heightened their focus on design and creating a pleasant shopping experience, as well as on spreading knowledge of NotAbrand in various segments.
The daily management of the site is run by two young women who both are passionate about fashion and art. They are always looking for the latest designer trends and are striving to find designers that put quality over quantity. There are new arrivals on the site every week.”
These are some of our favourite brands for men available on the site:
1. Shoe The Bear
Shoe The Bear is a young, dynamic and innovative company that designs, produces and distributes unique sneakers and shoes. Besides designing and developing sneakers, Shoe The Bear works with a concept and a way of thinking, where different artists are invited in to decorate a given design. Each artist has an artistic freedom to interpret and create the selected styles based on their vision.
The result is a visionary sneaker brand, which in its very nature always is progressive, changing and urban. Shoe The Bear is a unisex brand, producing high quality, classic silhouettes in a range of luxury materials that are perfect for the contemporary male.
- Sopas Brown Nubuck M
- Moody Black Leather M
- Walker Brown Leather M
- Low Rider Sand Canvas M
- Sneakpeak Blue Canvas M
- Dandy Ii Brown Suede M
Les Garçons Faciles
Les Garçons Faciles’ original idea was to fill a hole in men’s wardrobes, with a new garment somewhere between shirt and t-shirt. A true fan of men’s shirting, founder and designer Arnaud often finds himself wearing a t-shirt or a polo instead of his wide collection of elegant shirts – if only for the reason that they offer an effortlessly cool aesthetic and superior comfort.
In order to counteract this way of thinking, Les Garçons Faciles have come up with the perfect alternative: the knitted shirt. By combining the relaxed nature of a t-shirt with the elegance of a shirt, the brand has managed to create the perfect smart-casual piece.
The inspiration behind the design comes from the music and cinema of the 60s/70s, with the jerseys having a distinct French Riveira appeal and that underlying ‘Jet Set’ ethos. Casual, relaxed luxury is at the forefront of the design, and with the initial collection of shirts coming in a range of styles and colour ways, you are sure to find one that will suit your personal style.
Cravatta Pelliano aims to deliver the best features of classic men’s tailoring, but remixed for the 21st century; an eclectic mix of what has always worked, and what works today. The company have an ethos that all readers of FashionBeans should be able to relate to:
“we feel it’s better to have a limited number of truly exquisite garments (that reflect your personality and further your présence), instead of a huge pile of undifferentiated clothing.”
From the moment we read that, we knew that we were going to like this brand. As a new fashion label, Cravatta Pelliano have started with a vintage favourite: the knitted tie. A classic of the gentlemen’s wardrobe, the knitted tie has been gone from mainstream menswear for a while, and Cravatta Pelliano intend to bring it back – but with a 21st century twist.
Their debut knitted tie range is of the highest Italian craftsmanship; made from the finest silk (100%) or precious cashmere (100%), they combine the superb yarns with the best weaving techniques Italy has to offer. The end result is a tie that is unique, high quality and the perfect addition to the contemporary males tailoring collection:
- Gordon Gekko Silk Tie
- Mr. Orange Silk Tie
- Bow Tie Moro
- Bow Tie Ivory
- Dom Cobb Handkerchief
- Godfella Blue Handkerchief
Fromanteel watches offer the modern male an alternative to the high priced watches on the market from your typical designer brands. Offering high quality, precision timepieces with contemporary styling, they are the perfect alternative to mass produced fashion watches that lack character and individuality.
Coming in the mid-priced bracket (around £300), there are a range of styles to suit all personal tastes. What we admire most is that each model comes in a limited production run (that doesn’t often go above 2,000 pieces) – providing you with a truly unique watch that no-one else you know will own:
“Ahasuerus Fromanteel (born 1607) was a clockmaker in the 17th century who owned a modest clockmakers workshop at the Vijgendam in Amsterdam – now the Dam Square – where the famous Hotel Krasnapolsky is located. Back in the 17th century, during the Dutch Golden Age, Fromanteel begun to manufacture a series of revolutionary clocks, which were equipped with a new Dutch invention: the pendulum. These clocks were sold to wealthy merchants and members of the Dutch and English royal houses.
The name Fromanteel now lives on as a new brand of exclusive limited edition watches for men. Our timepieces apply the mastery technique of the Fromanteels to today’s modern age. A Fromanteel watch is a contemporary designed timepiece, with an eye for the smallest detail and the highest level of quality.
Fromanteel. History is Now.”
- By entering the free prize draw you agree to these terms and conditions.
- This Prize Draw is open wordlwide, except for employees of notabrand.com or BeansPublishing Limited, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this prize draw.
- To enter you must complete each of the 3 steps outlined in the ‘how to enter’ section above. Prize Draw closes at midnight 6th July 2012. Only one entry per person. FashionBeans or NotaBrand.com do not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties.
- The winners will be drawn at random (by an independent person) within 2 weeks of the closing date. The winners will be notified by the email address they used in the comments section of the site no later than 30th June 2012. This decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. There will only be 1 winner.
- There is 1 prize of one Cravatta Pelliano Tie of the winners choice from the range showcased on the notabrand.com website.
- If the Prize is not claimed within 28 days then FashionBeans reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternative winner.
- The prize is non transferable, non refundable and non negotiable. There is no cash alternative. FashionBeans reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- FashionBeans reserves the right to (i) cancel this promotion, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these terms and conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants). These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.