Nike Zoom Structure+ 17 Shield
Sporting giant Nike has released the latest addition to their ever-expanding running shoe range: the Zoom Structure+ 17 Shield. The shoe will make the perfect companion for the coming winter season, with a wealth of features in place to keep you running whatever the weather.
The trainer’s three-layer mesh upper with water-repellent film helps protect your feet in wet conditions whilst maintaining good airflow. Not only that, the mesh material features a highly reflective coating and overlays, which will ensure you stay visible and therefore safe during your run – something that is especially important during the winter months when the nights draw in early.
Here is a quick run down of other Nike technology included as standard:
- Crash Cuts – Aiding the heel strike for a smoother landing, and dissipates shock to reduce long term injuries.
- Dual Density – Higher density EVA on the medial (inside) of the shoe to help prevent over pronation and to keep your feet in an upright position.
- Phylon Midsole – A responsive, cushioned EVA midsole material prevents you from landing heavily and enables a more comfortable ride.
- Strategic Support Overlays – Supportive overlays lock your foot in place and stop it from slipping, reducing the risk of blisters and injuries.
- BRS 1000 – A carbon rubber outsole provides great durability in those areas that get worn very quickly.
- Duralon – Softer blown rubber in key impact areas of the outsole to provide comfort.
- Zoom Air – In the forefoot and rearfoot Nike Zoom Air enables a low-profile responsive ride, keeping you close to the ground but well-protected at the same time.
- Decoupled Crash Pads – Ensures the best possible dispersion of forces on heel contact, and gives you the best chance for a good take off.
- NIKE + Enabled – This shoe accepts the revolutionary new Nike+ sensor.
As well as all the features listed above, the trainer’s fashion-led design makes it versatile enough to wear on and off the treadmill, especially with running trainers currently trending within the industry.
There are two colour ways available – one plain black and one featuring an interesting metallic leopard print for those that really want to make a statement – with both utilising fluorescent lime green as a striking accent.
The shoes are priced at £100 and available from Nike stores and online at Nike.com now.