Reiss AW13 Collection
At FashionBeans, we believe in having a timeless collection of staple pieces that can be worn season after season. This is just one of the reasons we often turn to renowned British brand Reiss to refresh our wardrobes.
This season looks to be no exception with Reiss’ AW13 menswear collection focusing on “a kaleidoscope of different experiences”. It’s about the journey rather than the destination, concentrating on durable clothes to travel in. The collection is timeless and believable for the self-assured man who has an adventurous spirit.
The Inspirations & Details
When designing this collection, Reiss’ menswear design team was inspired by how children’s books simplify grown-up situations with a playful approach. These books also influenced the collection’s diverse colour palette and rich textures.
Predominantly drawn from the pages of the book ‘Neue Stuttgarter Skizzen‘, the collection’s palette is made up from an array of colours, including Persian Ink, Empire Blue, Soft and Dapper Grey, Tinted Pearl and Frosted Yellow. The design team’s advice for the season is to mix soft colours and pastels with burnt colours that pop.
A rich and varied array of fabrics adds warmth and texture to the range. Wool and mohair are popular blends for suiting whilst pure cashmere knits help inject effortless luxury into your winter wardrobe. Cable knitting and ribbing are used throughout knitwear, and even a touch of pony hair is used on outerwear. Shoes are crafted from pure Italian leather, making them more durable and higher quality.
Reiss understand that the finer details can take any garment to the next level. From contrast colour and fabric sleeves to faux fur trims and quilting, these subtle yet impactful features lend the collection its unique qualities and additional layers of luxury.
Meanwhile, oversized checks are used on both suits and outerwear; perfect for making big, bold sartorial statements:
View the full AW13 menswear lookbook at Reiss.com.
The idea of ‘the journey’ we mentioned earlier in this article has been epitomised by a character for Reiss’ AW13 collection, called the Journeyman.
Focusing more on the journey and less on his destination, the Journeyman seeks durable, no-nonsense clothing that is perfect to travel in. A self-assured gentleman with an adventurous spirit, he moves from destination to destination in clothes that are as timeless as they are effortlessly stylish.
Whether you’re on the road travelling or simply on your commute to work, Reiss’ Journeyman-inspired pieces are cosy and luxurious; such as soft knitwear crafted from pure wool.
An unstructured blazer is also ideal for when you’re on the move as it instantly smartens up a casual look, and is extremely easy to roll up and stuff into a travel bag:
You can view the full Reiss ‘Journeyman’ feature at Reiss.com.
- Reiss Ivy Shirt With Covered Buttons Navy
- Reiss Paddington Waffle Stitch Sweater Light Blue
- Reiss Hamlet Contrast Colour Crew Neck Knit Heather
- Reiss Alfie Unstructured Blazer Grey
- Reiss Townsend Flannel Check Trousers Grey
- Reiss Solace Soft Chinos With Garment Wash Beige
- Reiss Finch Salt And Pepper Cardi Green
- Reiss Modena Check Knitted Blazer Latte
- Reiss Crabtree Four Pocket Belted Field Jacket Petrol
- Reiss Steel Wool & Silk Dinner Suit Scarf Navy
- Reiss Centureous Small 24 Hour Holdall Dark Brown
- Reiss Marx Brogue Boots Ox Blood
Trends aside, Reiss has always been known (and loved) for its timeless staples. This is why we’re pleased to see the brand focusing on its collection of essentials for AW13 – perfect for putting together a capsule wardrobe.
From a well-cut blazer and crisp shirt and tie, to a luxurious pea coat and versatile pair of jeans; Reiss has curated a selection of stylish pieces every man needs in his wardrobe.
Whether you’re looking to dress a look up or down, or are simply after some high-quality basics – look no further than this range of easy essentials:
You can view the full Reiss ‘Essentials’ feature at Reiss.com.
- Reiss Daniel B Two Button Blazer With Notch Lapels Navy
- Reiss Pluto Patch Pocket Slim Fit Shirt Blue
- Reiss Patterson T Modern Suit Trousers Grey
- Reiss Emperor Wool Blend Pea Coat Heather
- Reiss Wayfield Textured Shawl Cardi Oatmeal
- Reiss Dayton Short Sleeve Basic V-neck T-shirt White
- Reiss Dover Selvedge Denim Jeans Indigo
- Reiss Oakland Short Suede Zip Through Jacket Navy
- Reiss Lane Washed Denim Shirt Denim
- Reiss Chime Twill Chinos Navy
- Reiss Heaver Tailored Suit With Notch Lapels Black
- Reiss Icarus Plain Silk Pocket Square Navy
- Reiss Cutler Knitted Silk Tie Navy
- Reiss Calloway Reversible Belt Black
- Reiss Toronto Oxford Shoes Black
We are, of course, only at the start of the new season, so we’re looking forward to seeing how the range develops as we get further into the colder months and the party season approaches.
In the meantime, whether you’re after timeless staples this autumn or fancy yourself a bit of a ‘Journeyman’ looking to explore new sartorial horizons, there is definitely something for you in this design-led brand’s stylish new offering.
You can shop the Reiss AW13 menswear collection now in store and online at Reiss.com.