The 25 Most Important Names in Menswear
Just in time for the start of the men’s catwalk shows, Style.com have announced to the world just who we should be paying attention to when it comes to menswear for 2015.
Its top 25 picks include established fashion designers, emerging talents and under the radar names that are finally having their moment in the ever-growing industry.
Leading the pack are some well-known faces, including Dior’s Raf Simons, Saint Laurent’s Hedi Slimane and label founder Rick Owens, each lauded for their unorthodox, refreshing and sometimes anarchic approach to menswear design.
Mainstream sportswear also gets a nod, with adidas’ Creative Director, Dirk Schonberger, praised for making casual wear cool through an extensive line of high fashion collaborations, while Nike’s CEO Mark Parker is commended for continuing to “make sneakers people really want”.
Meanwhile, Internet duo Lawrence Schlossman and James Harris find themselves amongst the 25 for their online video series Fashion Bros!, giving a face and voice to young male fashion fans everywhere.
See the full list below and visit Style.com for more…
The Full List
- Craig Green (Designer)
- Hannes and Simon Hogeman (Founders and buyers, Trés Bien)
- Raf Simons (Designer)
- Christopher Nying and Jockum Hallin (Founders, Our Legacy)
- Hedi Slimane (Designer)
- Hiroki Nakamura (Founder and designer, Visvim)
- Rick Owens (Designer)
- Dirk Schonberger (Creative Director, Adidas)
- Mark Parker (CEO, Nike)
- Véronique Nichanian (Designer, Hermès)
- Alex Olson (Founder, Bianca Chandôn)
- Bruce Pask (Men’s Fashion Director, Bergdorf Goodman)
- Greg Chait (Designer, The Elder Statesman)
- Stefano Pilati (Creative Director, Zegna)
- Gosha Rubchinskiy (Designer)
- Michael Chow (Artist and restaurateur)
- Stéphane Ashpool (Founder, Pigalle)
- Benjamin Bruno (Stylist)
- Lawrence Schlossman and James Harris (Hosts, Fashion Bros!)
- Carlo Brandelli (Designer, Kilgour)
- Charlie and Joe Casely-Hayford (Designers, Casely-Hayford)
- Charlie Porter (Fashion journalist)
- Jey Perie (Buyer and Creative Director, Kinfolk)
- Motofumi ‘Poggy’ Kogi (Buyer, United Arrows)
- Tyrone Lebon (Photographer)