FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

How to look older (for teens/20s)

I am a graduate who is soon to start a career in the City. I am well aware that I am quite baby-faced and am conscious of looking older (both dressing and grooming) in order to gain credibility. A holistic article covering hair cuts, grooming and dress (especially covering suits and accessories inc work bag) would be fantastic. A number of my friends are in a similar position so I think this would have wide appeal especially given the new influx of graduates into the market.

IS there any chance of this happening?
    Last edited by seagulled; 04-08-2013 at 01:23 PM.

HI. I was having same thought when i moved to nyc after finished college. Well, I'm not a fashion dude, and those advice would make you look at guys on street style page. But it works for me. I would say your question is pretty close to " how I get rid of frat boy look and be more attractive to stylish women instead of party teens". I'd suggest you get stuff like dress shoes/boots, pea coats and topcoats for winter, khakis shorts instead of jean shorts for summer, dark washed or raw denim, clean casual and dress shirts, sports coats as expensive as you can afford. That would make a big change definitely. Oh, less printed stuff on everything. Go dark.

+ Reply to Thread