FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    Rex

Suede Brogues With Shorts?

I am from Miami, which has this really humid and hot weather all year-long. So I mostly wear tailored shorts during the day. I just bought a pair of grey suede brogues and now am wondering whether it is ok if I wear my tailored shorts with brogues. I am pretty sure that I have seen some lookbooks in which the models were wearing brogues or some forms of formal shoes with shorts, but I cannot find them now. On another note, can I ask whether desert boots are proper footwear with shorts as well? Thanks!

Oh, and if the whole shorts and brogues look is ok, can you suggest what kind of top should I use? Are polo shirts ok?
    Last edited by Rex; 30-05-2012 at 06:45 AM.

Jay

Style Icon
    Brogues and tailored shorts are a great combination. I think you can get away with almost anything on the top half. A smarter polo shirt would indeed look great. A simple oxford shirt (sleeves rolled up) or even a crisp t-shirt would look great.

Rex

Thank you Because I read somewhere that brogues are something that should definitely not be seen with shorts so I was a little worried. But do you think I can get away with wearing a t-shirt on the top half? Would it make the whole outfit too casual and the brogues out of place?

Leather brogues no, suede brogues yes

imo of course

Suede is more casual and summery

tailored shorts? A little help with the understanding please???

Rex

+ Reply to Thread