FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

They are exquisitely made blazers.

Also, I think the photography is to blame for the apparent lack of detail. I expect these have interesting buttons, cool stitching, coloured felt under the collar, amazing lining etc, but it is not shown to full potential.

And no, they may not be the very best the brand has to offer but they are 80. As Tom says, that's crappy high street / Asos blazer money

Style Icon
    All Saints used to market their de-constructed blazers at around that price. For the fit and design I'd rather have those. I used to have the Milliner Blazer in a blue and it fit me like a glove. Shame I sold it on, actually. It was identical to this: Single Breasted Blazer | Mitre Blazer | AllSaints

I do like to keep my casual, everyday blazers, looking quite separate from my more formal ones, though.

My point is that you're being swayed by the brand which is wrong. The cut, fit, design and style should be the judge of that. Obviously if you've bought into Holland Esquire before you will have prior knowledge of the brand (which may or may not influence your decision more) however it shouldn't be the overriding motivator. Just my 2P anyway.

But this brand is synonymous with those qualities...

Anyone who has a HE blazer will be aware. These are top quality, impeccably crafted blazers. Look at the composition of the fabrics.

You can't compare these with All Saints unstructured blazers, the amount of work that goes in to these is vastly greater. I love All Saints, but those blazers are nothing special.

Trend Setter
    I was very disappointed at the HE suits in one of the Glasgow TK stores. I guess they make low end items for channels such as this. Shame, it damages the brand.
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

Jay

Style Icon
    Holland Esquire suits are a bit meh. Always have been.

I definitely agree that 80 even for a dull HE blazer is better than forking out for Topman garbage, but they are definitely not the usual standard of HE blazer. They're full RRP is 250 whereas a decent one with coloured stitching, cool buttons and all those wonderful quirks that make them special usually retail for 360-400.

Yep, agree

I have one that I got in TK Maxx that has those quirks; I'm guessing there will be some of those scattered around stores, but not enough to justify a website listing. These plainer ones would have been less popular at full price due to there being plenty of similar items in that price range, hence surplus.

There is no question that these are a bargain though. And if one were to have a rummage instore in the not-too-distant, it may even be possible to pinpoint one of the illustrious garments alluded to by our good friend Jay.

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the heads up pins, I've ordered one, its due for delivery tomorrow so ill report back on whether its a success. I went for the gingham check one with the blue lining.

Love the fact that you can return stuff to the store

Oh can you? That is good

I was in my local store at the weekend and they had one of the amazing ones. Almost denim-look blue linen, with contrast buttons and felt under the collar in royal blue, and of course that fantastic lining. The fit was great (had to try it) but I don't really need another Navy blazer.

+ Reply to Thread