First 1 2
    Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Oh, that's lovely too!

Sam

Style Icon
    Decisions decisions!
    I do love the stitching on the shoulders of that YMC.
    Personally I think that as far as roll necks are concerned cream's a little more versatile than grey, but then I'm not a great fan of grey knitwear anyway. There's plenty of great choices knocking around, I think!

Jay

Style Icon
    I just visited the YMC website for the first time. They really have some fabulous knits the AW.

I'm thinking this colour for the fair isle instead of the mustard yellow one I posted earlier in the thread:

Trend Setter
    That YMC knit is on my to get list! I'm torn between the grey or navy though... YMC make some lovely gear.

Jay

Style Icon
    Right, two out of three knits on my list have been ticked off: the fair isle jumper and the cable knit cardigan, but the roll neck eludes me.

I'm looking for something quite specific:
    • dark brown
    • fine knit
    • no pattern or texture (or a simple rib)
    • lambswool/merino/cashmere
    • slim and fitted (no loose/baggy fit)
    • small size
    My budget is £100 or so, but for the right jumper, I can see about pushing the budget a little (but I'd rather not). If they had it in a small, I would buy this Hugo Boss one in a heartbeat, which should give you an idea of what I'm looking for:

Thanks in advance.

Trend Setter
    Did you ever go for either of those Burton knits Jay? They're half price in their January sale and at £30 they seem like an absolute steal.

Jay

Style Icon
    I didn't in the end. I ended up getting an altogether more expensive Jil Sander cable knit cardigan.£30 is a steal though, but I'm still hunting for a fine knit black/brown roll neck at the moment. You wouldn't think finding one would be so difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Right, two out of three knits on my list have been ticked off: the fair isle jumper and the cable knit cardigan, but the roll neck eludes me.

I'm looking for something quite specific:
    • dark brown
    • fine knit
    • no pattern or texture (or a simple rib)
    • lambswool/merino/cashmere
    • slim and fitted (no loose/baggy fit)
    • small size
    My budget is £100 or so, but for the right jumper, I can see about pushing the budget a little (but I'd rather not). If they had it in a small, I would buy this Hugo Boss one in a heartbeat, which should give you an idea of what I'm looking for:

Thanks in advance.
    Stumbled across this today, seems to fit your criteria.
    Merino roll neck jumper

Jay

Style Icon
    Thanks for posting. I did spot that and it looks great but the phrase 'relaxed fit' puts me off. I tend to like things fitted. I do know where I get can get the Hugo Boss one I posted above now (but in black). Sadly, the Christmas sales have bled me dry so I shall have to wait until pay day (17 days and counting).

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I just visited the YMC website for the first time. They really have some fabulous knits the AW
    I just love the fit of YMC knits... I sized down from my usual medium to a small and they both fit so well that I want to buy more!

+ Reply to Thread