FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    geo

Fashionisto

The "Best" Jeans Brand?

I'm in need of a new pair/pairs of jeans in a slim/skinny fit. Not so skinny that they are spray on but slim enough that they have a tapered bottom somewhat...but I still like to keep a fairly classic silhouette.

I have a 30inch waist and am slim build, so basically most brands "slim" fit come up as a straight fit on me and so I often can afford to look for skinny jeans but not super skinny, more slim-skinny if you understand.

Anyway, any recommendations of brands? I want a basic classic colour as well - not fussed too much about gimmicks/fading/rips etc.

I've heard nudie are good quality - but there are so many fits. I am told the Thinn Finn and Grim Tim are probably my best bet - anyone had experience which is best?

Levi's 511s fit perfectly up to the knee but the leg at the bottom is just slightly too wide for my liking - I have before resorted to getting them tapered at the bottom by my alterations place, but having already paid 80 was a bit annoyed having to pay another 15 to alter and would rather find the perfect fit in the first instance. There are so many fits from different brands but while fit is important, as I say I also want a fairy classic looking jean that goes with most things.

Thanks

Style Icon
    I've got a pair of Grim Tims and love them, great fit. Think they're similar to the Thin Finn below the knee, but with more thigh-room, which might be what you're after if you don't want skinny-skinny. There's a range of washes too, mine are raw but it's personal preference really.

Style Icon
    The All Saints Cigarette or Iggy fits might be for you. I find the former to be brilliant: not too skinny, but not too loose either, and there's a definite taper.

All Saints cigarette are great, good shout there.

I've also recently got a couple of pairs of skinny jeans from Primark. At 10, you can't really go wrong, but I do understand that they do not work if you want something with a premium finish. The fit is great though.

Style Icon
    I have a pair of Topman skinny fits as well, which are more like a tapered slim-skinny fit, and actually the fit is quite good on me. They were a reluctant buy to replace my All Saints Yawa Short Kicks (sadly I can only wear them with boots because of the drop crotch)

But I have yet to wear a more comfortable pair of jeans than my All Saints Print ones, and I know that Pins will support me here. I have the Wamwam and the Print in the Cigarette fit, and despite the former looking better to me with most outfits, the latter is so comfortable you almost forget you're wearing anything.

Trend Setter
    Nudie Jeans in either Thin Finn or Grim Tim. I would hold on and grab some in the summer sales that are fast approaching.
    You Must Create

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    I have a pair of Topman skinny fits as well, which are more like a tapered slim-skinny fit, and actually the fit is quite good on me. They were a reluctant buy to replace my All Saints Yawa Short Kicks (sadly I can only wear them with boots because of the drop crotch)

But I have yet to wear a more comfortable pair of jeans than my All Saints Print ones, and I know that Pins will support me here. I have the Wamwam and the Print in the Cigarette fit, and despite the former looking better to me with most outfits, the latter is so comfortable you almost forget you're wearing anything.
    I have the print cigarette in black and indigo and they are my favourite jeans, really comfy and great fit. Skinny but def not spray on skinny.

Style Icon
    I think the tiny amount of elastic makes a world of difference. For instance, if you're actively moving around in them, kneeling down a lot, lifting things etc, you don't get the same rubbing on the back of your knees.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    I think the tiny amount of elastic makes a world of difference. For instance, if you're actively moving around in them, kneeling down a lot, lifting things etc, you don't get the same rubbing on the back of your knees.
    I found that the print cigarette fit came up very big on me, I had to size down 2 inches to get a decent fit, where as the Wamwam which I kept was a perfect fit. Nudie Finn Thin is similar fit to the All Saints print cigarette, but it is a more accurate fit. If you can get the Thin Finn in the sales then snap them up because they are very comfortable.
    You Must Create

Sounds like I have a very similar frame to you,

I honestly think, the best fitting jeans I have had are Topman. The 'Skinny' fit are nicely skinny, but not in a ridiculous taper. The 'Vintage Slim' are also nice for larger frames!
    I recently picked up a pair of Skinny fit from Topman in grey for 36. Top notch!
    twitter.com/mattfarndale

'Simplicity in character, in manners, in style; in all things the supreme excellence is simplicity'
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

+ Reply to Thread