FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

Trend Setter
    They've added the A/W12 lookbook now, and added a couple of new bits on the online store. I'm not particularly keen on any of it, except for maybe the Hilliard shirt. Hopefully they have some nice knitwear and shirts to be added later, they're normally the two things that I particularly like from All Saints. I don't get why anyone likes their shoes, as far as I'm concerned they're horrid. They always look really battered and used, and that's not a look I want.

Style Icon
    I just saw that as well. I think I agree with you, All Saints are extremely predictable now. They'll offer their own versions of current trends (desert boots, double monkstraps) and then reintroduce old styles of clothing. I don't understand why anyone would pair 95 for a pair of jeans which sold for 45 in a sale half a year ago, and which can be found on eBay.

The lookbook is horrid as well.

Trend Setter
    I think the problem with All Saints is that, in my opinion at least, they really struggle to design truly smart clothing. It's all a bit rugged and could even be called grungy. Don't get me wrong, I still buy the odd thing or two from All Saints, but I'm just not keen on them in the way I used to be.

Trend Setter
    Pretty much all their current shoes are horrid. Those new double monk straps are hilarious! I dunno why they put that hideous sole on them. The Plateau boot in 'Cat' are a new low though. I love how their chinos, shirts and basic tees fit, so as long as they keep putting out decent variations of those I'm happy.
    You Must Create

Style Icon
    I agree about their new shoes. When I saw the Monkstraps for the first time I couldn't see the sole, and I was really looking forward to seeing them, but they look awful. Maybe they're reverting back to a more grungy look? In the last few years I think they've been more concerned with experimenting with quirky, quite expressive pieces, but lately they've become a lot more boring IMHO. They still manage to make a few awesome pieces, but no where near the amount they did before.

having said that, their current sale has some of the cheapest prices I've seen. Then again, the items that are lowly priced are pretty horrible or sold out in the most common sizes.

Have to say I was always surprised so many people raved about All Saints around here. I have a pair of their chinos from last season, the skinny ones are a perfect fit, and they're a better quality skinny chino than I've been able to get anywhere else.

I also got a wool coat in the Jan sales which was a good bargain, nice classic double breasted thing, but beyond that I think it's too frequently boring colours like black/grey.

They've tried to move a bit away from this but lots of bad sort of "I live in Shoreditch but probably should live in Camden", "rock" type looks.

Of the new season I really like this shirt, but that's about it: Mens Short Sleeve Shirt | Grosvenor SS Shirt | AllSaints

Also... has anyone had them try to hawk you a credit card masquerading as a loyalty card? Talk about making your brand seem shady, I had to stop myself losing my temper.

More new stuff up now- really liking the look of a lot of it, and the new chino colours are awesome.

Some truly great shirts and knitwear, and a nice striped polo too. Will be waiting for the sales, naturally.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by RMKF View Post
    Also... has anyone had them try to hawk you a credit card masquerading as a loyalty card? Talk about making your brand seem shady, I had to stop myself losing my temper.
    I had this problem. Damn the overly attractive sales attendant!

(Seriously though she was fine.)
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

I hate the new lookbook images so much. The poses are so contrived and unnatural. The model / director should be shot.

+ Reply to Thread