FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3

Fashionisto
    I have a wedding come up.. and have been presented with a potential dilemma that i wanted an opinion on!

I have a Dark grey.. pretty standard Topman slim fit suit.. now my plan (as i don't have a pair of smart suit style shoes to my name.. apart from my battered work shoes).. was to throw my black pair of all saints avert loafer's with it and go sockless.

My issue however is that my trousers dont fit particularly tapered at the bottom, and slightly overhang which doesnt really give a desired effect.

My two questions are.. 1 if i was to go for it and wear these.. whats the best shirt and tie combo i could go for (pocket square is a must here too) or 2. if i need to buy smart shoes.. where should i be looking?. Not impressed with the H by Hudson range available at current (always sworn by them).. and the Topman/river island range looks pretty shabby at current. Not really looking to spend over 70...

Anyone any ideas?

Fashionisto
    Anyone with any ideas?! going shopping tommorow and need inspiration!

FashionBeans Staff
    it might be worth looking in Kurt Geiger, they'll have lots of stuff on sale now if you decide to buy more shoes. Those loafers are a little bit too distressed to work with a suit in my opinion. wearing loafers and going sockless is fine but they to be the right shoes, and as you have rightly pointed out the trousers need to the right length and shape. I wear my suit with my Double Monks sockless so I've had the trousers cropped and tapered so my ankle are always out.

As for shirt and tie combo, there is never going to be anything wrong with a white shirt and perhaps a knitted tie of some description. Whack in a paisley pocket square to finish.
    Last edited by William Colman; 06-07-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Will is right, I have those exact same loafers and they just don't work with tailoring, as much as you'd think they would.

Hit the high street, if you have a House of Fraser or something similar in your ends then there will be plenty on sale, and Office, Schuh, KG etc will all have plenty of stuff too.

+ Reply to Thread