FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Places To Buy Leather Jackets?

Hey guys. So I'm on the lookout for a leather jacket. I'm wanting to spend a good amount of money on it, as I've had a faux-leather one before and as great as it looked, it wore down pretty quick over time. So instead, I'm after a really high quality brand (thus pretty much ruling out high street shops) that will last me a lifetime, or near enough. But I'm really not sure where I'd go about getting one. Most other parts of my wardrobe are pretty disposable (with the exception of shoes, which I like to splash out on) so I'm pretty much clueless. Any ideas?

cheers.

Trend Setter
    When you say you're after a really high quality brand, and that you're prepared to spend a "good amount of money" are you talking 200-400 or more?

I know you said you're wanting a really high quality brand, but I've never had a problem with AllSaints leather jackets. They'll be going for anything between 180(sale price) to 450.

One thing you forgot to mention is the style that you are looking for. Bomber? Biker? etc.

hey, thanks for the reply. yeah around the 200-300 mark. style-wise, I'm open to anything, I'd say the biker style is closest to what I'm after, but the only real requirement I have at this point is that I don't want one with elastic around the wrist.

Checking All Saints' selection now and their stuff looks right up my alley, thanks for the recommendation!

cocosa.com has some Mubaa jackets in sale at the moment. My GF has a couple of them; they are beautiful leather and very cool designs. At these sale prices, they are truly amazing. Limited sizes etc but well worth a look; you may get lucky.

This kind of thing:

Trend Setter
    Ive never been very keen on the allsaints leather jackets to be fair, mainly because i dont like the washed look.

i brought a leather biker jacket from reiss a while back but sent it back as the fit was quite boxy and was actually like a proper bikers jacket.

mrporter has a few which are on sale
    Designer leather jackets on MR PORTER

i picked up one from massimo dutti a while back which i was very impressed with & have a lovely lamb skin quilted biker jacket that i was given as a gift.

^ I bought that same Reiss jacket when it was on sale. Like you say, it was a biker jacket that made it look like you had just arrived on a motorbike. Not cool. It was boxy and the leather was tough. A rare slip from Reiss.

+ Reply to Thread