FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Style Icon
    That Paul Smith one looks lovely.

Personally I can see why one would wish to have a more streamlined wallet: it has less bulk which ruins any 'clean lines', however carrying loose change is just annoying. It's easy to lose it, and I find it much easier having it in an accessible location within the wallet.

You can always have two separate wallets: a coin holder and a card holder, but this can be a hassle. I think a certain amount of bulk is inevitable. Until a decade ago, mobile phones were extremely bulky, and can still be today, so it's not so much a problem that needs to be avoided, but rather accepted. I think everything is acceptable, apart from a clutch bag. I'm sorry but Men should not walk around with clutches or hand bags. Briefcases, Satchels, backpacks et al yes. But not hand bags.

Clutches are definitely a no! I don't mind a tote bag though, as long as it is large & masculine.

I couldn't have a wallet with no coin section. Loose coins would drive me nuts, and as we have high denomination coins in the UK, they are worth holding on to.

In america etc where $1 and upwards are notes, it wouldn't be so bad.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipras View Post
    Great suggestions, really broadened my mind, at first i was only considering buying a coin wallet, as i always had use of the coins. But now i am rethinking. Don't you find yourself to be missing the coins? What about practicality ? What about when you buy from places which don't accept cards, like a stand or buying a ticket in the bus? What about tips?
    I love card holders and would never go back to a wallet.

i put all my coins in my pockets and then have a massive bottle at home which they go into which i class as one of my savings accounts
    For restaurants and tips, dont find this an issue as i will usually have some change on me - or i can go to the ATM before hand.

Trend Setter
    I try not to carry cash and when I do, it's a few notes that fold and slip in a slim wallet nicely. On the occasion when I have coins, those slip in a back pocket or 5th pocket without any hassle.

A couple of coins slip in the Clean Everything wallet anyway.
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

Trend Setter
    My current wallet is Ted Baker. But when I purchased it I decided if I wanted to spend anymore I would buy an Aspinal of London wallet - the quality seems great.
    Mens Leather Wallets | Men's Personalised Wallet | Designer Credit Card Wallets

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I love card holders and would never go back to a wallet.

i put all my coins in my pockets and then have a massive bottle at home which they go into which i class as one of my savings accounts
    For restaurants and tips, dont find this an issue as i will usually have some change on me - or i can go to the ATM before hand.
    SAME!!!!!! ive used a card ewallet for so long. Its actually really convenient as you never have to worry about overloading your wallet ala that seainfeld episode

Quote Originally Posted by electroRoss View Post
    I try not to carry cash and when I do, it's a few notes that fold and slip in a slim wallet nicely. On the occasion when I have coins, those slip in a back pocket or 5th pocket without any hassle.

A couple of coins slip in the Clean Everything wallet anyway.
    That's a lot of slipping, you slippery bastard!

I have a card holder for nights out, holiday etc and a main wallet for day to day life.

I try not to overload it but right now it has 2Xcredit cards, 2Xgym cards, driving license, a wedge of business cards, coins, a few reciepts and some notes.

My old wallet had a loyalty card with one stamp from literally every establishment I have even entered, it would seem.

+ Reply to Thread