FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2
    Sam

Style Icon
    I agree about the whole tonal thing - but I think that there are simply too many leather items to make matching everything a requirement. Jay, you have a Scaramonga bag right? Do you match that to everything too? Because transferring the contents of your bag every time you change shoes is a bit girly

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    There's matching and matching though. If exactly the same shade then it might be too much for some (although I personally think it's fine), but the differing shades of the same palette will look awesome. I think the oxbloods will work if the rest of the brown's a darker, but if they are nuttier browns veering on tan then it will just look out of place.
    I would say that the lightest brown accessory I own is my bag (also from scaramanga) but even that, now it has been weather beaten and used quite a lot is relatively dark, my boots are quite a rich, dark chocolaty brown (I have polished them slightly darker) and so is my belt so I think they will work fine. I'm still going to investigate the brown gloves I've seen more fully before I make take the leap.

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I agree about the whole tonal thing - but I think that there are simply too many leather items to make matching everything a requirement. Jay, you have a Scaramonga bag right? Do you match that to everything too? Because transferring the contents of your bag every time you change shoes is a bit girly
    Says the guy who has stilettos in his wishlist :P

I only really wear brown/tan shoes (I do have black but they only get worn with black suits for work/evening wear, when I'm not carrying the bag), so it's not really an issue. Basically, all my browns more or less match as I'm a huge fan of tans and reddish browns which all work tonally with one another.
    Last edited by Jay; 22-12-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Sam

Style Icon
    Touche, touche. I believe Cuban heels is the term though!

+ Reply to Thread