FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Help Finding A Grey Tweed Blazer/Suit Jacket

I've been searching the last few days for a light or mid grey tweed jacket with no luck

- 100% wool
    - Single breasted
    - Notch lapels
    - Single vent
    - 2 Button
    - 38 Reg

The maximum I would prefer to spend is around the £250 mark.

Cheers
    Tony
    Last edited by Tone; 22-12-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Jay

Style Icon

In my opinion, looking on eBay and Amazon will definitely help you to find this kind of suit jackets. I had seen some similar jackets in a fashion show event and good looking model was wearing it.

Trend Setter
    Thanks Jay for inspiring me with the Holland Esquire pick. I ended up getting a different Holland Esquire blazer in the end from Flannels HOLLAND ESQUIRE.

Last edited by Tone; 10-01-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Trend Setter
    Buy the fabric and go to your tailor and get it custom made.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterShorts View Post
    Buy the fabric and go to your tailor and get it custom made.
    Way too much hassle when a 38 reg generally fits me like a glove plus I wouldn't have the patients to look for fabrics and wait for a tailor to make it for me.

Trend Setter
    Well that's a shame, because an off the rack blazer may fit well, but never perfectly, and you could probably get exactly what you want for cheaper then a lot of store bought blazers.

Nat

Style Icon
    Hey Tone

I recently bought a similar jacket from Debenhams, by Jasper Conran. It's not genuine tweed, but looks it. Only £90 too. I've tried to find it online, but it doesn't seem to be there, so maybe it's last season. I saw it in the store recently though.

It's a great looking jacket and fits really well (I'm a 40, but have got quite broad shoulders and a slim waist, so stuff is often baggy around my middle). It looks awesome dressed down with dark jeans a casual shirt and some braces, or dressed up with dark trousers, shirt, tie and pocket square. It's my favourite item at the moment.

Happy shopping!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Hey Tone

I recently bought a similar jacket from Debenhams, by Jasper Conran. It's not genuine tweed, but looks it. Only £90 too. I've tried to find it online, but it doesn't seem to be there, so maybe it's last season. I saw it in the store recently though.

It's a great looking jacket and fits really well (I'm a 40, but have got quite broad shoulders and a slim waist, so stuff is often baggy around my middle). It looks awesome dressed down with dark jeans a casual shirt and some braces, or dressed up with dark trousers, shirt, tie and pocket square. It's my favourite item at the moment.

Happy shopping!
    Cheers Nat... Funnily enough I popped in Debenhams the other day because I had seen a nice grey Tweed jacket on there website. I tried it on and for some messed up reason they only have the 38 in a 'short' then 40/42/44 in a regular. The top button on the 38 short sat to high on me and the 40 reg was too big in the shoulders. It is a nice looking jacket for the money though, I was disappointed.

Nat

Style Icon
    That's annoying. Did you check with the staff? Do they definitely only do short in 38?

+ Reply to Thread