FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Does Your Favourite Colour Influence Your Wardrobe?

I’m quiet aware that my favourite colour (Purple) is a large influence on my life, not just my wardrobe. When it comes to clothes though, I do find I’m far more attracted to things, and often buy things irrationally when they contain purple.

I’ve recently jumped at the chance to get some purple chinos risking the fact they may not actually look good on me.

I have noticed that I have often made purchases of items almost identical to items I already have. I found two purple t-shirts that although bought from different stores, are practically identical in colour and style. I appear to have a lot of purple ties, and very subtly different shades, and I even have a purple tie that doesn’t currently go with any of my workwear.

Now I’m sure I’m not alone, but I have found a couple of friends that find their favourite colour has no influence on their wardrobe. One of which doesn’t own a single piece of clothing in their favourite colour.

Do you consciously or subconsciously buy a lot of things in your favourite colour? Do you feel better when wearing something in your favourite colour?

I don't really have a favourite colour tbh. I like all colours, I don't feel strongly towards one in particular.

FashionBeans Staff
    It's all about variety for me!
    "Lifes too short to blend in..." - Owner of Brighterman Accessories

Check out my articles for Fashion Beans - In my spare time I try to live a lifestyle I normally can't afford

It doesn't to be honest!! I like blue, but don't tend to buy a lot of it....weird. I just buy what I like!!
    I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear.....

Trend Setter
    Oh, so it's just me then!

Don't get me wrong, I don’t walk around head to toe in purple. I do wear and like a wide range of colours. I just seem to have a slight weakness for purple. I wouldn’t think anybody would even recognise my fascination with purple as I do keep it relatively subtle, and often in the detail.

Strangely my favourite items at the moment are both turquoise.

JII

Clashing is fashion . have every colour u can think of

I don't really have a favourite colour, being colour blind doesn't help though! I do, however, seem to have a fascincation with blue shirts. My girlfriend can't understand why i need to buy another one to add to the 10+ i already own. If i see something i like, i buy it regardless.

Sam

Style Icon
    I find that I dress to my moods. I'm normally quite relaxed on a blue day, and confident on a red one. That's how I pick out the colours I wear.
    I've been looking hard for a pair of quality tan Chelsea boots... I definitely do like tan, so I'd say I dress in my favourite leather colours. Very rarely do I go for straight up brown. Tan is a great statement!

Editor-In-Chief
    Just to let you all know, we have now tackled a very similar problem on site today in our common fashion mistakes series.

Common Fashion Mistakes: The One Colour | Fashionbeans.com
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

Trend Setter
    Oh the shame! I have been singled out on an article about fashion mistakes! :P

In my defence, I did say "Don't get me wrong, I don’t walk around head to toe in purple". I just find a lot of my outfits have an element of purple to them, whether subtle or more of a feature. I don't think I've ever dressed in just one colour.

I've just noticed that although today I'm wearing grey trousers and a navy shirt, tie and v-neck jumper, my shoes have purple stitching, my trousers have purple lining, and my socks have purple detailing... Does that count?? ...none of it is really visible...

...I'll get my coat.

+ Reply to Thread