FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Trend Setter

Who Is Your Men's Fashion Icon?

Easy question, who is your style icon and why? I'll kick us off:

Steve McQueen - his elegance and timeless wardrobe is as relevant today as it was 40 years ago. Good tailoring and simplicity is always stylish and his minimalist style complimented his cool attitude perfectly
    Last edited by electroRoss; 30-09-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: to insert picture

Trend Setter
    I'd have to say George Lamb, although I dress nothing like him, its someone who's style I can appreciate and aspire to dress like I guess.

Jay

Style Icon
    Jean-Paul Belmondo

Effortless, French chic and timeless classic style that looks like he isn't even trying but nailing it completely.

Fashionisto
    James Dean, if i had to pick one. But, Tom Ford is another big inspiration for me.

James Dean, because he just represents all that i love in style, his style seemed to merge with what he represented. I love how without flamboyance the guy seemed to take over rooms, theatres and even the history of pop culture itself. The guy is immortal. Very hard to put into words, but its just the feeling of nostalgia / romance that resonates with his style. That, and i loved his representation of a tormented soul.

Quote Originally Posted by electroRoss View Post
    Easy question, who is your style icon and why? I'll kick us off:

Steve McQueen - his elegance and timeless wardrobe is as relevant today as it was 40 years ago. Good tailoring and simplicity is always stylish and his minimalist style complimented his cool attitude perfectly
    Spot on. Tough guy, a man's man & Stylish.

I'd have to say George Lamb, although I dress nothing like him, its someone who's style I can appreciate and aspire to dress like I guess.
    +1.

Definitely a huge fan. I dress nothing like him, but being 22 i think am still too young and penniless to be donning suits on a frequent basis. In the future i'd hope to dress similarly to his style though. Looks great from using subtle touches, love that.

FashionBeans Staff
    I saw Beckham got criticised in a recent comment on one of Ben's articles, but his probably someone I take inspiration from. As well as JFK and the way he seemed to look stylish with minimal effort.
    "Lifes too short to blend in..." - Owner of Brighterman Accessories

Check out my articles for Fashion Beans - In my spare time I try to live a lifestyle I normally can't afford

Ben

Bit of an odd one but I always thought Kenneth Williams dressed immaculately.

Laugh all you like but have a look at some of the interviews on youtube and carrry on matron I think it is, he is wearing a royal blue 3 piece suit that is just perfect.

FashionBeans Staff
    Very recent decision on my Style icon, in fact I had only begun to think about it yesterday and then made my final decision today (in part thanks to Alex's excellent article today.)

blue_valentine_015_wenn5481476-e1274195632580.jpg

I love his hair and I really like his style; simple, minimal, amazingly well fitting, tailored and ever so slightly Italian. Smashing.

Trend Setter
    I've been loving the way Ryan Gosling dresses for a few years now. I like the fact that he can be innovative , especially in formalwear, without going overboard and looking ridiculous.
    His clothes are always vey well-fitting and rich in colour and texture.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last