FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Topmans Ridiculous Sizes?

I don't know if any else finds this to be the case, but I find it particularly annoying. Every single shop I enter, I am a 36R, no questions asked, simply, that is what fits. I walk into topman? 40R. I don't know, do they just have weird sizes? I am relatively skinny as well, to add to that. Just yeah. Frustration.

Fashionisto
    When i go in their sizes are usually quite a bit smaller than they are for the vast majority of other brands. E.g. I was trying on a medium and it fitted more like a small.

I have the opposite...
    Topman come up big for me compared to other brands!

Trend Setter
    I just ordered 34L trousers from topmans, I never bought from them before and there are no physical locations in my country, now I am quite worried they won't fit! ): Hopefully I haven't wasted £15!

Sam

Style Icon
    I'm a 36R in Topman only... and, if I remember rightly, The Kooples. I think it's down to the key target demographic of emaciated indie kids!

Fashionisto
    I just can't fit in Topman blazers. I get a near perfect fit from buying a 42R in most shops, but I walk in to Topman and I can't even get the 42R on! If, by some miracle, I can get my arms in the sleeves (I've got big forearms, rock climbing) I still can't get the thing on over the shoulders. I think last time I worked out I'm somewhere between a 46R and 48R for Topman, but then the fit isn't right (the blazers wind up being baggy in places they shouldn't be baggy).

+ Reply to Thread