FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Slim Suit Shops

Morning all,

Any recommendations for good shops to pick up slim fit suits? I normally go with Topman but the material's started to feel a bit ropey and gym visits have made the jackets feel a bit...weird.

Never sure if places like M&S will do good ones or Moss or where you folks recommend.

Nice one.

FashionBeans Staff
    Reiss, Burton or Zara are probably your best bet on the highstreet, they will all do slimmer fitting suits but it depends on whether you are going by Topman's idea of slim (which is very very slim) or everyone else's idea of slim (which tends to be a bit less slim). If you go for the upper level of the market don't expect the jackets to be as short either.

There seems to be a massive gap in the suit market between the bottom end high street and high end off the peg.

Trend Setter
    M&S do an Ultra slim in their Limited Collection that is, eh, ultra slim
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by electroRoss View Post
    M&S do an Ultra slim in their Limited Collection that is, eh, ultra slim
    I don't think I've ever seen my local M&S stock any suits in a size smaller than a 42, I was quite concerned.

But otherwise Bashmore, there is your answer.

Trend Setter
    I got a 36. I really need to start working out. On a serious note, if I do bulk up, it'll cost me a fortune in new clothes.
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

Cheers guys, will check it out. I got a blue suit from M&S last year for a wedding (well, the groom got them all), and that was normal slim. Not Topman slim. I'll give them a whirl.

Always want to buy Reiss, just can't afford to buy from there and buy food/pay rent

Mate you need to check out BEN SHERMAN new camden fit i just bought a 3 piece in the sale for 200 its a wicked fit.

Reiss have a huge sale on at the moment, you'd get a good suit for about 170 quid I'd say.

It does really annoy me that other shops don't adopt a slightly slimmer fit, I find trousers in particular are just way too baggy, ridiculously so. Possibly cos I run a lot and so my legs are mega skinny, but it's infuriating.

Ben Sherman hmm? I've just bought a herringbone blazer from there so will check it out.

And Reiss is worth a look then. I was in Topman again y'day, good looking suits, but ultra skinny? No chance. Running at the gym seems to have knackered up any chance of fitting in them

the new ben sherman outlet in spitalfields, beside the golden hart pub, has some great stuff in it, was surprised when i went in.

+ Reply to Thread