FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Europe V.S North America

Hi everyone, merry Christmas and happy new years, hope your holidays are going well. I am having a great time, as I am in Copenhagen visiting my brother for two weeks. Fashion wise it is very interesting, for I see a lot of styles, that in my home town, either I have only read about or worn myself. One thing that is crazy is the amount of scarves, I mean people wear scarves in North America, but I feel almost naked here leaving without one on, both for comfort and style. Other than that, there truley is a lot more tailoring, quality items, and general care to one's outfit that is less common where I am from. Oddly enough though, the Danish are into wearing a lot of Canadian coats, North Face and Canada geese snow jackets especially. It is funny because I see more people wearing them here than in Canada and it isn't even cold in Denmark! I wear a lot of Scandinavian brands, Mantinique, cottonfield, tiger of sweden, and though those brands are way, more expensive here, due to the taxes, they are also more mid-scale, as they are often look at as some what high end in the high street shops I frequent. This blog is mostly English, so if you guys wouldn't mind telling me more about the differences in fashion between where you live and America, or where you live and the continent, I would be very interested. Thank you, I should say I am having a great time in Europe, it is just like North America except off by just enough to be unusual.

Fashionisto
    Are you in any way Danish? I have a friend from Denmark and he is the spitting image of you, albeit with a poorer haircut.

Trend Setter
    Lol, yes, I am very Danish and I find everyone looks like me here and a lot of them have my haircut, too!

Fashionisto
    I actually live in Copenhagen, so please be sure to let me know if you stumble upon a wonderful little shop off the main streets haha

Trend Setter
    I will be sure to let you know, I am going to visit as many shops as I can, especially charity shops, very soon.

Trend Setter
    I should say I am actually looking for a vintage FjallRaven.

Fashionisto
    Sweet. And yeah the fjallraven backpacks are cool, I've got a blue one myself that I use occasionally.

I hadn't really paid attention to it beforehand, but today on the metro my retinas' got flooded with canada geese jackets so you are definitely right on the mark there lol.
    It's been a very warm winter in denmark this year (averaging around 7+ degrees) as opposed to almost record-breaking icy conditions last year (-4degrees average), so that might have something to do with it.
    Looking forward to an update on the charity-shop situation

+ Reply to Thread