FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

How Do You Wear Your Barbour?

Title says it all.

Post your Barbour looks.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

FashionBeans Staff
    A well timed Thread! keep your eyes peeled for my next article.

Trend Setter
    I'll start it off, here's a lookbook I made.

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

I have still never invested in Barbour. Never interested me as all the wearers of the aforementioned label seemed......'chavvy'. I sound so pompous, however that is the kind of people who wear it around here.

All my views changed when i seen the Steve McQueen collection though! Love some of those. Might have to put it near the top of my list for next pay day!

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Torres View Post
    I have still never invested in Barbour. Never interested me as all the wearers of the aforementioned label seemed......'chavvy'. I sound so pompous, however that is the kind of people who wear it around here.

All my views changed when i seen the Steve McQueen collection though! Love some of those. Might have to put it near the top of my list for next pay day!
    Were they wearing quilted jackets or actual wax jackets? Struggling to imagine how someone wearing a waxed jacket could appear to be chavvy... Unless of course they had an Adidas tracksuit and a pair of air maxs on.

Quote Originally Posted by Seekwal View Post
    Were they wearing quilted jackets or actual wax jackets? Struggling to imagine how someone wearing a waxed jacket could appear to be chavvy... Unless of course they had an Adidas tracksuit and a pair of air maxs on.
    Very true! Ha. I think i wasn't too clear. They all wear the same quilted jackets and i realise Barbour is far more than that it's just if that is all you are presented with, you start to relate the brand with what is around you. Seeing the Steve McQueen collection intrigued me and had me looking at everything they had to offer. Rather than avoiding it like that plague as i don't really like to wear the same as everybody else around here!!

On a side note, i have seen Barbour jackets worn with tracksuit bottoms and Air Max's around here on more than one occasion. Horrifying.

Trend Setter
    Of course, the 'chavvy barbours' will be copies from Primark or another high street store.

I don't think the wax jackets or any of the looks in the lookbook I made look, at all, 'chavvy'.

Quote Originally Posted by billyreedwah View Post
    I don't think the wax jackets or any of the looks in the lookbook I made look, at all, 'chavvy'.
    Completely agree, when i first posted i was at work and couldn't see the look book. (Awful work computers). But i do really like some of those looks especially second from right on the top row. Very well put together.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Torres View Post
    Completely agree, when i first posted i was at work and couldn't see the look book. (Awful work computers). But i do really like some of those looks especially second from right on the top row. Very well put together.
    Thanks, man. I'll try to get some more made for this and maybe other threads.

+ Reply to Thread