FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 Last

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by K9MT View Post
    I have a pair of Ted Baker Jeans in quite a unique blue but I have stopped wearing because they are straight fit and I have now moved to a much slimmer fit. Is it possible for a tailor to change the fit of the jeans - or would it just be worth buying a new pair?
    Thanks.

I asked ages ago at the Ted Baker shop where they have their suits altered so I already know where to go, just haven't managed to go out and ask yet.
    I know Pin Money had some jeans tailored a while ago although i'm not sure how much it cost him, there is no harm in asking; i'm not sure whether it would be a job for a seamstress rather than a tailor though.

Trend Setter
    although very expensive, ive never had any problems with sew - they have a number of branches in london.
    http://www.sewandgo.co.uk/locations.php

Style Icon
    Could Will or anyone else local recommend a tailor in Brighton please?

Fashionisto
    Bit of an update on my leather jacket - found a tailor, its in the shop now. Looking on £20-£30. Absolutely buzzing, hopefully it works out. Will post pictures once finished.

Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    Have a perusal online, or you could pop into one of the bigger name stores like Reiss and ask them where they get their alterations done, that's your best bet unless someone else has a favourite tailor.
    Thanks, will give that a go.

If anyone could recommend somewhere they use would appreciate it. Am based in west london.

Jay I took your advice recently and went to see Lee & Lewindon to have some work done on a suit and some jeans...

He did a fantastic job and was very amicable, he didn't measure me once however got everything spot one really is a talented chap.

I enquirer about one of his made to measure suits and they come in at around £1500!! I think may be in summer I might treat myself but we'll see.

Till then though he will be doing all of my suits and jeans

Thanks for the tip

Jay

Style Icon
    You're more than welcome. He is quite incredible. I had no idea his made to measure suits were so pricey though. I was expecting half that.

Fashionisto
    Alright here are the pictures of the jacket as promised. However i don't think you can tell how changed they are, and im not used to taking pictures like this so i am very sorry, also i can't crop really at all, meaning on a laptop its near impossible. My hand was like a child on a sugar rush.
    STILL THOUGH, glad i got it tailored, will definitely be taking shirts and such.

EDIT: If you can't tell, which i don't blame you due to the picture quality - left is pre tailoring, right is after.

Just need to figure out what to wear with the jacket now for going out and casual - any comments on the denim shirt/indigo nudies (which are a labour of love) combo with the jacket? I'm hopeless..
    Last edited by Anthony; 10-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    I know Pin Money had some jeans tailored a while ago although i'm not sure how much it cost him, there is no harm in asking; i'm not sure whether it would be a job for a seamstress rather than a tailor though.

I had my jeans made slimmer fitting around the thigh and tapered at the bottom and there perfect you'd never have known he's been at them with scissors I'd defo recommend getting them done if you can find a decent guy

Yes I agree, when he told me I had to swallow quickly and try not to look shocked, but I'd dare say there more than worth it.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 Last