FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

All Saints Sizing

I was just wondering if it's normal for All Saints knitwear to be quite long in both the arms and the body? The Lander crew I purchased is long on the body (it seems to almost cover the pockets on most of my clothing), and both that and the Ernst cardigan are also long in the arms, they come down to the base of my thumb. I don't think it can be that they are the wrong size as they seem perfect in terms of fit around the chest.

I've unfortunately had to send back the Shire crew I purchased because it is very, very chunky knit, too much so for my taste. I like things that are quite slim fitting and are able to be teamed well with coats and blazers, and the Shire crew was just too bulky for my tastes. I know Will also purchased this top so I'd be interested to hear his opinions on it.

Trend Setter
    I'm pretty much a medium in All Saints gear except for their knitwear, I'm an XS! I don't know why the sizing is so messed up... I wanted the Lander crew in Fawn but XS sold out way before the sales even started, so I've ended up purchasing some YMC knitwear instead.
    Last edited by Tone; 30-12-2011 at 11:33 AM.

FashionBeans Staff
    My Shire Crew is being delivered to my house at Uni so I won't get it until Tuesday but I have no problems with chunky knitwear, I'm quite a big fan. I already own a Fairisle crew from Last season in a small and I've found that the length is a bit lacking, it sits a bit to high, riding up far too much when I sit down and I wouldn't like to put anything other than a T Shirt underneath it because it would just bulge, stretch and be uncomfortable, hence why I have bought a medium this time, I float around a 37 - 38 inch chest and I've always found I buy knitwear too tight to wear anything substantial underneath.

I must be honest, All Saints sizing seems to vary a great deal, I've got 5 tonic scoops (sad I know, they're being retired soon) and they are all small, but are actually a slightly different size, colour seems to affect the size quite a lot too which is strange.

Once I get a chance to try it I'll let you know how I get on.

I agree, All Saints sizing is weird. I purchased a medium in the Navy Roll Neck and it is a little on the long side on the arms and waist. I weigh around 185 pounds and am 6'2 so god knows why I'd be a small. However, it isn't too much of a ridiculous fit. I just roll up the sleeves a little.

Jay

Style Icon
    The strange thing is their shirts are true to size (I wear an S in all of them) as are many of the finer knits (I vary between an XS and an S depending on the knit), but I steer well clear of the heavier knits or I'll be swamped.

Trend Setter
    I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with the sizing. I'm pretty certain the sizing is right, I looked at the All Saints size guide and measured myself according to their guidelines, but I think next time I'm near an All Saints store I'll pop in and try a few pieces of knitwear in different sizes just to make sure I've definitely got the size right.

FashionBeans Staff
    Got my Shire Crew yesterday, first impressions; good length on the body, perhaps a tiny bit too long but I have the same problem with the length of the sleeves, it seems that they have added an awful lot to them for a size up, I think I'll just cuff the sleeves, fits well with my shirts underneath, I think the small would have been too small and a bit uncomfortable and tight, Its a bit chunkier than I was expecting but I don't want it to create slim line outfits. Shame it isn't quite as cold as last year, I fear it might be too warm to wear it most of the time.

I've no doubt my girlfriend will have the final say though, or just steal it.

Trend Setter
    Just ordered a lander crew earlier today. m 5'9 and medium in most all saints stuff. I like things to fit nice and snug!

Im worried now that this will be too long. How long are we talking? Is the rest of the body a good fit? I tried on the vargan chunky crew in an all saints store and thought it was too long and quite bulky, I wonder will this be the exact same fit? The photos on the website made the lander look slimer.

I hate this discrepancy all saints seems to have in sizing. Even in tshirts they vary alot.

If someone can respond to this in the next few hours would be very appreciative as I might cancel my order before it is shipped later tomorrow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    Got my Shire Crew yesterday, first impressions; good length on the body, perhaps a tiny bit too long but I have the same problem with the length of the sleeves, it seems that they have added an awful lot to them for a size up, I think I'll just cuff the sleeves, fits well with my shirts underneath, I think the small would have been too small and a bit uncomfortable and tight, Its a bit chunkier than I was expecting but I don't want it to create slim line outfits. Shame it isn't quite as cold as last year, I fear it might be too warm to wear it most of the time.

I've no doubt my girlfriend will have the final say though, or just steal it.
    Nice. I love that jumper, but I have a few knits in similar colours already so can't really justify it

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by happydayz View Post
    Just ordered a lander crew earlier today. m 5'9 and medium in most all saints stuff. I like things to fit nice and snug!

Im worried now that this will be too long. How long are we talking? Is the rest of the body a good fit? I tried on the vargan chunky crew in an all saints store and thought it was too long and quite bulky, I wonder will this be the exact same fit? The photos on the website made the lander look slimer.

I hate this discrepancy all saints seems to have in sizing. Even in tshirts they vary alot.

If someone can respond to this in the next few hours would be very appreciative as I might cancel my order before it is shipped later tomorrow.

Thanks
    I've found that across the chest its fine, they are perhaps a chunkier knit than you might be used to, it hasn't been designed to be a slim fit, the length on the body will sit at the bottom of the belt, perhaps a bit lower, your only real issue might be the sleeves which are a bit ridiculously long in my opinion but that can be fixed by cuffing them, the ribbing isn't that tight so it won't stretch them that much.

I would say the best thing for you to do would be to try it, you can always send it back.

+ Reply to Thread