FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2
    ICA

I have a wide one which I wear with a skinny tie, and let it overhang one side of the tie, gives it a cool utilitarian/asymetric/avant-garde feel imo

Love the skinny tie look. Whenever I wear it with a suit jacket I always tend to wear it just above where I do it up.

I'd been struggling too trying to find skinny tie bars and had looked in loads of shops. Saw one of the chaps who work in Topman wearing them and I asked him where he'd bought them. He said he'd picked up a load off eBay.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashmore View Post
    Love the skinny tie look. Whenever I wear it with a suit jacket I always tend to wear it just above where I do it up.

I'd been struggling too trying to find skinny tie bars and had looked in loads of shops. Saw one of the chaps who work in Topman wearing them and I asked him where he'd bought them. He said he'd picked up a load off eBay.
    Welcome to the forum Bashmore!

I found a skinny tie bar on Amazon. I've really got into the slim ties recently and when I go back to the standard size they seem so cumbersome.

Love both. I've been going to a few charity shops and finding some gem's for under a pound that look better than the ones in other shops costing a bomb.

Personally I like to wear them without the tie as an added accessory.

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Love both. I've been going to a few charity shops and finding some gem's for under a pound that look better than the ones in other shops costing a bomb.

Personally I like to wear them without the tie as an added accessory.
    Let me get this straight... You wear a tie bar without a tie?

/baffled

Ah I completely went off track ... I wear a collar pin without a tie!
    Although one could wear a tie bar on a shirt, it would just look odd.

The English and the French were the main people who were instrumental in making the tie and tiepins. They did it mainly to avoid the tie from causing any disturbances by not allowing the tie to swing back and forth. Even then, they'd a separate men's jewelry box to store their tiepins securely.

Tiepins are made with materials like gold, platinum, palladium, rhodium, and silver. They especially look fabulous when gemstones like jade, jasper, moonstone, sun-stone, amber, opal, coral, pearl, and abalone are embedded on them.

Tie pins are available in varying styles like tie slides or otherwise called slide bars which hold the tie and the shirt together. There are also the tie clips and clasps and tie tacks are different from tie pins, bars, and clasps.

There are lots of designs and kinds of pins, clasps, etc. that you could choose between them. There are ones to suit your taste as well as your pockets. But just keep in mind whenever you buy a tie accessory make sure you use it, and not let it lie in the valet to remain just a show piece.

+ Reply to Thread