FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I definitely prefer the satchels to the messenger bags. They really look authentic: exactly like school satchels used to be back in the day. I have a 15" one and it fits my macbook in and assorted other items perfectly and it works both casually for mooching around town or in a work situation.
    The 15" seems to be the more popular size, judging by the websites feedback, but it looked kinda big on the model. I don't have or need a laptop so I went for the smaller size which is ideal for my bits and pieces.

Tom

Trend Setter
    That's the problem i'm having, currently debating between the 13" and 15". What are you opinions? I'm worried about having one that looks too big or one that's too small and not useful enough, hard to judge from the posed pictures!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    That's the problem i'm having, currently debating between the 13" and 15". What are you opinions? I'm worried about having one that looks too big or one that's too small and not useful enough, hard to judge from the posed pictures!
    Get out your tape measure!

Tom

Trend Setter
    Haha that's been by my side for a while! As well as holding similarly sized objects by my side in the mirror, but you soon feel like a bit of a plank and realise you're not achieving much!

Does the 13" hold things like A4 document wallets ok as I notice the dimension given on the site are external dims.

Trend Setter
    Well judging by the measurements it should hold A4 documents. Mine will be here this week, I will test it out for you.

Trend Setter
    I got my macbook in the 13" satchel with no problems, as long as its is not in a padded case. I like the size, as I think i tend to buy bags that are too big in general!

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I got my macbook in the 13" satchel with no problems, as long as its is not in a padded case. I like the size, as I think i tend to buy bags that are too big in general!
    You really ought to have your macbook in a case if carrying it in a Scaramanga. They have no padding or protection for a laptop whatsoever.

Trend Setter
    Yep, you are right Jay. Not sure I have actually taken it anywhere like that yet.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I definitely prefer the satchels to the messenger bags. They really look authentic: exactly like school satchels used to be back in the day. I have a 15" one and it fits my macbook in and assorted other items perfectly and it works both casually for mooching around town or in a work situation.
    Is that a macbook 15" ?

I absolutely love the look of the Overlander satchels but I'm slightly worried about practicality and size. I'm guy of fairly small stature (176cm slim built), so I'm mainly considering the 13" bag wouldn't you agree?

Is there room for your mac and a sizeable textbook in your 15" one?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Does the 13" hold things like A4 document wallets ok as I notice the dimension given on the site are external dims.
    My 13" satchel arrived this morning and I tested out a few objects for size. An A4 folder doesn't fit in it comfortably due to the edges curving inwards, so if this is important to you I would get the 15". My Ipad 2 plus case fit comfortably with room for my Iphone, scarf, gloves and other odds and ends I carry around with me.

+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last