FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5

Trend Setter
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

Hi guys, I'm just going to start at college in London in September, and am in need of a good bag for school.

I was originally thinking of getting one of the Scaramanga Overlanders, but after looking at the later comments in the thread, I am reconsidering.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good bag? My budget is around 100 pounds, but I am willing to pay more for quality ones.

Nat

Style Icon
    I am sorry for electroRoss's experience of Scaramanga, but I still think they are good value, and would be a great shout for college (look and practicality wise). I am really happy with the look, quality and price of my 15" distressed leather stachel.

Trend Setter
    @Reynard what sort of bag are you after? A satchel? If so there are various recommendations in this thread, I myself have a Cambridge Satchel Company satchel which will cost you about 80. If it's a backpack you're looking for, I'd recommend a Herschel 'Little America' bag. Very roomy, looks great and 80.

@Perry

I'm open to suggestions, but I guess I am partial to the timeless design of satchels, though to be honest, I can foresee some trouble from having to unbuckle the straps to open one. Zips and flaps are far more convenient after all.

I am not really a fan of satchels from the likes Cambridge Satchel Company and/or Leather Satchel Company. They just seem far too clean-cut and structured for me.

Herschel backpacks look great, but for that sort of prices, I would rather get a leather product (that would probably last longer and age better) than canvas ones.

I am not opposed to getting a leather satchel and a canvas backpack just to switch things up a little though.

Trend Setter
    @Reynard that makes complete sense, after all they're not for everyone! I think throughout this thread there have been loads of suggestions for satchels and other bags which might be more to your taste, especially the Scaramanga bags (I do understand how ElectroRoss' experience has left you unsure though). Not sure I can be of much more help, you might be best off going into some stores and seeing bags for yourself if you can find them. Good luck!

Trend Setter
    I ended up buying this bag. It should arrive in the next couple of days...

Barbour Leather Tarras Bag - Barbour By Mail Online Store
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

I would have to go with Filson ...

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5