FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Varsity Jacket?

Hi guys, this is my first post on the forum but I've been reading the site for a while.
    I've had a varsity jacket for a while (since christmas) but never really worn it. It feels a bit "flashy", and when I compare it to the images of varsity jackets that there was an article on it seems a bit, I don't know, shouty? I've linked to some images of it on a shop website, what do you guys think of it?

UCLA | UCLA Payne Varsity Jacket at RouteOne

It is pretty full-on, so the rest of the outfit needs to be pretty subtle and classic. You are going for a preppy / varsity look with this.

I would wear it with a plain white t shirt, sand coloured chinos and some tan loafers. Some kind of smart, classic hairstyle is an important part of this look too.

This will look really good if you get it right- the key is simplicity in the rest of the outfit.

I have a hard time wearing my varsity jacket too. I have this one:

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    It is pretty full-on, so the rest of the outfit needs to be pretty subtle and classic. You are going for a preppy / varsity look with this.

I would wear it with a plain white t shirt, sand coloured chinos and some tan loafers. Some kind of smart, classic hairstyle is an important part of this look too.

This will look really good if you get it right- the key is simplicity in the rest of the outfit.

I have a hard time wearing my varsity jacket too. I have this one:

didn't you get this jacket from TK Maxx? I want it.

You either go full on Prep or stick to casual wear with varsity jackets, there isn't really much of an in between unless you go for something that is really subtle and purposely muted.

Style Icon
    I'd love that too. Pins, what brand is it?

Trend Setter
    i quite like this one by river island, they have one with white sleeves on their ad which looks really nice.
    http://www.asos.com/River-Island/Riv...px?iid=2477206

Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    didn't you get this jacket from TK Maxx? I want it.

You either go full on Prep or stick to casual wear with varsity jackets, there isn't really much of an in between unless you go for something that is really subtle and purposely muted.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    I'd love that too. Pins, what brand is it?
    Yeah I grabbed it from TK Maxx for 60 lol

It's by Uniforms for the Dedicated. There are a few versions floating about online if you have a look. The style is called "Anthem".

Thanks! Would you say to wear it open, or buttoned up with just a few undone?

Probably open but you can do it up if necessary. Just whatever feels right at the time.

Ok. thanks

Trend Setter
    As I'm also after a varsity/baseball jacket I thought I'd hijack the OP's thread rather than starting a completely new one. Which of these two do you guys prefer?:

River Island | River Island Suede Jacket at ASOS

Navy Brown Wool Bomber - Casual Jackets - Mens Jackets & Coats - Clothing - TOPMAN

I like both of them, but there's a pretty major price difference between the two. For a River Island item it's pretty expensive, does anyone have any idea what the quality would be like?

+ Reply to Thread