FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    geo

Fashionisto

Work/Smart Shirts

I need some new shorts for smart/workwear to wear with suits and wonder if anyone has recommendations of slim shirts? They are to be worn with ties.

I have lots of the Ralph Lauren slim fit shirts but these are great for casual wear, but being button down look rubbish with a shirt/suit. I have not had need of wearing a suit for quite some time, so do not own many smart shirts that can be worn with a suit and tie. The ones I do have are about a year old from M&S - supposedlt their slim fit, but seem too bellowy around the upper arms and too much excess material.

Does anyone know of good slim shirts - I only need a few, but don't want to spend a fortune on them - am more concerned about the fit. Is TM Lewin any good?

Trend Setter
    Not bought any, so can't vouch for them, but Charles Tywhitt do an 'extra slim' as well as 'slim' range:
    Charles Tyrwhitt for Men's Shirts, Suits, Ties, Shoes & Accessories From Jermyn Street, London

Trend Setter
    I LOVE TM Lewin's "Fully fitted" range. It's perfect. Yeah, their slim fit shirts are OK too, but I would almost always go with their fully fitted range. Check them out - you can try a "demo" shirt at all TM Lewin outlets.

In comparison, I think Saville Row's slim fits are awful - way too much material, and the shirt "puffs" out of your trousers. Avoid.

+ Reply to Thread