FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Question Matalan?

Curious what you guys think about Matalan menswear? One just opened up near me, can't decide whether or not this is a good thing.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

B

I hate it, it's worse than primark in my opinion. Having said that if you have a limited budget then it could be an option

Nat

Style Icon
    Depends on what you're after. If you have a lot of money to spend, and want to invest in quality, then swerve it. However, if you're on a limited budget, then give it a look. I just bought a pair of burgundy chinos online. The colour is good (though I haven't washed them yet), they fit really well (slim fit, nice taper), and feel really comfortable. They probably won't last more than a couple of years. But for 14, you can't complain.

Basically, it's so cheap, you might as well give a couple of items a bash. Good for your basics imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam543 View Post
    I hate it, it's worse than primark in my opinion. Having said that if you have a limited budget then it could be an option
    Certain things from Primark are alright. I have some jeans from there that I love, and a couple of Oxford shirts that look far more expensive than the 10 they cost. You just need to spend a bit of time and pick carefully.

I'm sure Matalan will be the same kind of deal.

Nat

Style Icon
    Resurrecting an old thread I know, but......

I just popped into Matalan to have a little look around. Some junk in there, as expected, but some nice stuff too, and dirt cheap. Just picked up two 100% lambswool v-necks for 16 each. They fit well too. The build quality remains to be seen, but for that price it's worth a punt. Could become my go-to place for the cheap basics.

FashionBeans Staff
    I'm eyeing up a grey brushed cotton shirt, looks good for a tenner.

Fashionisto
    ha - ive just took delivery of said shirt, after somebody on here encouraged me to buy it. The missus couldnt believe her eyes when she saw the package! Anyway, the fit is nice, and although a bit on the thin side its definately wearable till it goes out of fashion!! Over the last few days ive learnt that you cant afford to keep buying quality if you want to remain 'on-trend!!'

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by skybluemark View Post
    ha - ive just took delivery of said shirt, after somebody on here encouraged me to buy it. The missus couldnt believe her eyes when she saw the package! Anyway, the fit is nice, and although a bit on the thin side its definately wearable till it goes out of fashion!! Over the last few days ive learnt that you cant afford to keep buying quality if you want to remain 'on-trend!!'
    I've no idea who that could've been. Good to hear of the quality though.

Fashionisto
    and 10% cashback on quidco...theyre practically giving it away!

+ Reply to Thread