FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Dark Brown Pants

Hi guys. I've had a pair of dark brown pants for a couple years, and I can never seem to find the perfect colors to wear them with. The closest match I can find online is brown pod in the following image, though the pants might still be a bit darker:

I've tried light blue shirts and grey shoes, I've tried emerald green shirts and lighter brown shoes, I've tried cream colored shirts...nothing seems to fit quite right. None of it looks terrible, but none of it looks perfect, either. Any suggestions on what you'd try? I'm considering getting rid of the pants and replacing them with a pair of coords in charcoal grey.

Style Icon
    Shoe-wise I'd go with a really orangey shade of tan leather, and maybe blues up top? Light blue shirt and navy jacket/knitwear? Just an idea, may also fall under not-terrible-but-not-perfect.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep Boy View Post
    Shoe-wise I'd go with a really orangey shade of tan leather, and maybe blues up top? Light blue shirt and navy jacket/knitwear? Just an idea, may also fall under not-terrible-but-not-perfect.
    I like the blue/orange contrast around the brown, and I think that could work. Here's a pic of what I threw together today. I also had on a pair of grey Chuck Taylors. I'm not a huge fan of the text on the shirt, but I like the color.

What do you think? Another possibility I was toying around with was a vivd red dress shirt, something like:

Navy cable knit jumper

Oxblood brogues

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    Navy cable knit jumper

Oxblood brogues
    That seems like a good winter/fall/spring outfit. How would you change it for summer? I like to wear long pants year round. Or is the dark brown best left as a winter color?

+ Reply to Thread