FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Fashion Influence: Jude Law in Alfie.

I remember watching this when i was 12, a long 8 years ago now. This scene was a big influence on me, in it Alfie more or less outlines the the importance of style. The importance of character, that spark, wearing the clothes instead of them letting them wear you is very well presented in this scene. The clothing is very nice yes, but it is the congruency between the man and his clothes which is shown as all important in this scene.

Jay

Style Icon
    Oh my word. Go and find the original of the movie starring Michael Caine. Right now. He's forgotten more about effortless cool and charm than Jude Law will ever know. It's perhaps the single coolest performance is British movie making.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Oh my word. Go and find the original of the movie starring Michael Caine. Right now. He's forgotten more about effortless cool and charm than Jude Law will ever know. It's perhaps the single coolest performance is British movie making.

Seen it before. Big Michael Caine fan. But the Jude Law one was the one i watched first as a 12 year old so its always had the more profound effect on me.

Fashionisto

Such a cool guy.

+ Reply to Thread