FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Post Your Personal Style "NEVER AGAINS"

We've all had them, items and manners of clothing that we would rather consign to the depths of out wardrobes rather than be seen in ever again. So, without further ado, mine are:

- T-shirt and jeans in clubs: no. I just find this to be a cardinal sin. I always ask myself... why? There is nothing wrong with a casual All Saints t-shirt (not the printed ones though) in day to day casual living. But in any respectable club it is out of sorts, it does not belong in the scenario so its a firm "out".
    - Abercrombie long sleeve henley.
    - Skinny jeans: i regret.

FashionBeans Staff
    I regret ever wearing anything nice in a club, you just end up with some sort of alcohol and coke based drink all over you.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    I regret ever wearing anything nice in a club, you just end up with some sort of alcohol and coke based drink all over you.
    Aprons will be in fashion in the future, no worries.

Style Icon
    Spray on skinny jeans: What was I thinking? "I know, a way to make myself look more lanky and underweight!"

An 8mm plug in my left ear: Made me look lopsided. Only did it cause the girlfriend's ideal man had a plug apparently.

Big baggy grandad jumpers: I thought I was so hipster...until I saw the photos. Again, blame the last girlfriend for this.

TOMS: Nothing to be said on this one. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

And finally, My emo phase until I was about 14: We shall not speak of this.

Trend Setter
    What do you wear out to clubs then? any club you go into where there is a dress code is pish imo. Well not my sort of place, nothing worse than clubs full of wannabe's in shirts and suit jackets.

My regrets are snood like allsaints tops, and low cut t's what a clown I looked. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Trend Setter
    I regret ever going to "the club." However, the fashions I truly regret all go back to secondary school. A lot of over sized graphic Tees, graphic hoodies, and high top nike sneakers that actually had fur on them, gross. Rather not relive it.

Style Icon
    I generally do wear tees to clubs these days for the reasons William described but also because by the time I'm ready to go I've usually consumed far too much alcohol to dress myself properly. The couple of times I have dressed up in a blazer and oxford for a club, I generally feel a bit out of place and I'm constantly worrying about ruining what I'm wearing. Nothing wrong with a casual shirt and a nice pair of chinos, as long as you've got something to set you apart from the denim shirted, mustard trousered sheep. I usually do this with footwear or accessories.

Trend Setter
    (I'm embarrassed to even type this) I regret wearing an oversized FUBU top - I was a skinny middle-classed white kid (as opposed to now being a skinny middle-classed white man)

Fashionisto
    I embraced the skater style for a while. Baggy jeans, skate shoes (the chunkier the better), wallet chains, hoodies etc. How people past the age of 16 can still wear skate shoes day in day out as casual footwear is beyond me, they look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by electroRoss View Post
    (I'm embarrassed to even type this) I regret wearing an oversized FUBU top - I was a skinny middle-classed white kid (as opposed to now being a skinny middle-classed white man)
    I did this too. Head to toe gangsta clothes and baggy jeans

+ Reply to Thread