FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Style Icon

Uniqlo Knitwear Fit/Sizing

I've got a few shirts from Uniqlo in a small, but have never tried their knitwear. I want a burgundy merino cardigan from there but it's sold out in a small. Looking at the measurements, I might be able to get away with a medium, but it'll depend on how slim they're cut. Anyone got any experience of their knits?

Trend Setter
    I'm an XS in Uniqlo shirts, but a small in Uniqlo knitwear. The XS I tried was way too small. Hope that helps?

Style Icon
    Yeah, that's great, cheers. Sounds like I should be fine with the medium then.

Trend Setter
    I should also add that I normally always opt for an XS in knitwear when available, as I find it is often on the lage side for me. However, now I come to remember it, the XS Uniqlo jumper I tried in XS was from eay, so there is a chanc it had been shrunk, but I don't think so, because I have two other almost identical Uniqlo jumpers in a small and they fit perfectly.

Style Icon
    Yeah, I'm the same, M in shirts and jackets at most places but usually size down to S in knits, so didn't expect to be a M in Uniqlo knits. Cheers for the info.

Can I ask what it is about Uniqlo that appeals?

Everything in there seems so generic...uninspired...austere.

I've been known to browse the aisles of that store purely to cure bouts of insomnia.
    Last edited by leblon; 23-09-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Style Icon
    Their stuff can be a bit plain; I doubt I'd make an entire outfit out of it, but the quality's great for the price, so it's good for basic staples.

Trend Setter
    I go there for good quality basics too. I don't buy knitwear that is not 100% natural fibres and at Uniqlo I can get a plain V neck or polo neck in 100% merino or lambswool for 20. Compare that to some of my more interesting knitwear, for example a chunky knit roll neck from YMC, that cost me 150. You can pay 40 for a 100% man made fibres knit at Topman or River Island. Their Oxford shirts also fit me really well. I've also been lucky and got a lot of Uniqlo stuff from eBay for next to nothing.

+ Reply to Thread