FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... Last

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Ummm, you know that most blazers come with the breast pocket stitched up so the shape of the blazer isn't ruined during construction or by customers putting their hands in the pockets, right?

Or maybe it's because Topman jackets are cheap garbage without real pockets.
    Understand that. I just wanted to ensure that the pocket was stitched with a thread that could be removed and wasn't an imitation pocket. So I would go with your latter sentence.

Trend Setter
    @Pin Money: there's quite a big one near where I work so I might take a wander in there afterwards one weekend, definitely sounds worth checking out. Thanks for the tip!

FashionBeans Staff
    I just got a bit excited by the M&S A/W12 lookbook. They have some particularly delicious looking pieces coming in, I'm especially looking forward to this jacket:

MS07_GQ_15May12_pr_b_426x639.jpg

And! because its M&S, the quality will be decent and the price very reasonable!

Style Icon
    What about the fit though Will? I've always been put off by M&S because I imagine the fit to be geared towards older men with beer-bellies, or tall Jeremy Clarkson, Daily Mail reading, type figures.

FashionBeans Staff
    its no different to anywhere else really, they will produce standard and the odd slim fit jacket. Thats the beauty of a tailor. if you have a relatively average body (as I thankfully do with a 36 chest) I can wear most things fairly well of the rail. If I did invest in it I would almost certainly have some work done to it.

Style Icon
    I must say, some of their SS-12 collection surprised me. As you say, for the price the quality is excellent.

Style Icon
    Currently (as with a lot of the time) I want more shoes. More specifically some dark brown chelseas with a rubber sole, for general rain wear with smart clothes or when it's too hot for great big brogue boots and boot socks. Possibly these ones from Herring:

And some brown suede double monk straps. Hoping these Reiss ones go on sale at some point:

Both will have to wait until I've earned some money over the summer though...

Trend Setter
    Need these.

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Trend Setter

I know people will disapprove because it's ASOS and not Reiss or All Saints, but 60 for a 100% cotton unstructured blazer is pretty hard to beat.

Had really hoped to pick up the All Saints Cargo Biker Leather Jacket in Black/Grey but I arrived too late to the party - all sold out!

(If anyone's looking to move on an XS, I'm paying well :P)

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... Last