FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... Last

Trend Setter
    Thank you. That is a very accurate rephrasing of what I was trying to ask. I rose the question because I was looking at getting a three piece tailor-made in Japan for 50,000 yen (Kyoto Bespoke...for reference, their shirts start at 6,000 yen and are better than the store-bought shirt I got for the same price). That seemed like a pretty reasonable price for me. I'm guessing that what you said in your last paragraph is correct, and what you make up for in fit you'll lose in material quality and design.

On the other hand, I have also seen tailor-made suits in Ginza Tokyo at Wako for several thousand, so you can match Burberry with a tailor. Like you said, significantly more expensive due to economics of scale. I'm mostly concerned with fit, so I imagine I'll go for the local tailor when I have a little extra money laying around.

Fashionisto
    Last edited by paul-b; 25-08-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Trend Setter
    Paul-b, are those the combat boots from Zara?

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Paul-b, are those the combat boots from Zara?
    Yep. Just what I've been looking for; dark brown, tallish boots to go with a variety of things. Unfortunately I don't have 100 to throw around in my current situation, so they'll have to wait a while, but I figure they'll be a worthwhile investment considering how much I use some black non-brogue "combat" boots I got a few years back from River Island.

FashionBeans Staff
    After 3 years with my trusty Clubmasters I've decided I want to change things up with some Persol 649s or 714s:

_1_yhst-66515560946429_2074_53140530.jpg

Just got to scrape together 200
    Last edited by William Colman; 28-08-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    After 3 years with my trusty Clubmasters I've decided I want to change things up with some Persol 649s or 714s:

Attachment 219

Just got to scrape together 200
    They can be got a fair bit cheaper if you shop about.

A couple of my mates have pairs, I have to say that despite being very cool, the heavy glass lenses make them very uncomfortable to wear for even a short period of time.

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    They can be got a fair bit cheaper if you shop about.

A couple of my mates have pairs, I have to say that despite being very cool, the heavy glass lenses make them very uncomfortable to wear for even a short period of time.
    I went into an opticians earlier to give them a try, I'm not entirely sure they suit my face but I think that is more down to me being so used to my clubmasters. Think I'll have to give them another go sometime in the future.

FashionBeans Staff
    Also want to develop my bold print shirt collection with this little number from Allsaints:

MS072B-133-1.jpg

Yeah that's nice, will prob go in the sale though

Style Icon
    I've seen a few similar shirts from All Saints from their 2008/9 collection on eBay so keep an eye out. They're not very popular and sell quite cheap.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... Last