FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... Last

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Really want these grey monkshoes:

Made To Order Italian Shoes | Grey Monk | Lacci Fratelli Borgioli

And these from the same company. Will be buying these at some point I think:

Custom Made Italian Shoes | Tan Double Monk | Lacci Fratelli Borgioli
    They're really nice. I'd my eye on some monks from Reiss but the bastards never put them in the sale...

Fife Ox Blood Hand Finished Monk Strap Shoes - REISS

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    They're really nice. I'd my eye on some monks from Reiss but the bastards never put them in the sale...

Fife Ox Blood Hand Finished Monk Strap Shoes - REISS
    Yes agreed the reiss ones look gorgeous, all the proportions for a monk shoe are there. Monk shoes seem to be overly pricey compared to standard derby shoes, personally I can't really fathom out why they have to be so much more.

If you like the Oxblood colour (which I also do) then you can't go wrong with Herring shoes. They do a nice pair of of blood monks, still not cheap, but approximately the sort of price you'd see the reiss ones for sale at:
    Herring shoes: Herring Classic II: Herring Shakespeare II

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    If you like the Oxblood colour (which I also do) then you can't go wrong with Herring shoes. They do a nice pair of of blood monks, still not cheap, but approximately the sort of price you'd see the reiss ones for sale at:
    Herring shoes: Herring Classic II: Herring Shakespeare II
    If I wouldn't be out of sale money, I would've ordered those. Damn it

Trend Setter
    Interested in thoughts on this blazer:

And the option to buy the trousers separately as well:

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post

This is nice, I'm a huge fan of suits so would go for both. Where is it from?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Martins View Post
    This is nice, I'm a huge fan of suits so would go for both. Where is it from?
    Agreed, love the first look especially.

Trend Setter
    Yes, Alex. Jacket and trousers look great.

If you're getting the jacket, def get the trousers too

Nice suit and would make great separates too

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post

The blazer looks awesome, I'm loving glen plaid patterns and double breasted is a slightly daring and different touch. I agree with Ivan grab the whole suit.

One thing that occurs to me is that the jacket (in the top picture) looks quite narrow across the shoulder and wide and boxy at the waist. It sort of takes away the tailored look of traditional double breasted jackets, especially with the peak lapels enhancing the shoulder to look broader etc. I still think it looks cool and it may look different on you, and more like the appearance in picture 2, but personally I'd be after a more tapered in at the waist look without the shoulders looking so narrow to flatter your figure a bit more.

Trend Setter
    Thanks for all the responses. It's from Gant Rugger. I own a few of their blazers and some trousers and I find they fit me nicely in the shoulders, are short enough and generally fit pretty well compared to a lot of other brands. I also like the natural shoulder and their cut.

The downside is that GR are overpriced IMHO, so I only ever get stuff in the sales. This blazer is 187 reduced from 375. The trousers are 87 down from 175! The original asking price would have made the suit over 500, which I think is a bit much. I have seen made to measure places like the Cad and Dandy advertise prices that compete with that, and that's something I would be tempted by in the future.

The downsides of these specific items are that they are only 60% wool with 40% polyester. Normally the'r stuff is 100% natural fibres. This feels like a lot to pay for 60% wool, but it is a nice design. Also the trousers are out of stock in my size. I did have my eye on a BNWT pair on eBay in my size, but they sold out before I got them. My hope would be that they might come up again. Or maybe I could call the London store and see if they have any left.

@Creed - I can see what you mean about the boxiness. The pic below from another site makes the jacket look more boxy I think? Having said this I have bought GR stuff from other online retailers where they have made it look awful, but fits much better in the flesh. It's worth saying the model is over 6' and I am 5'6" so it would not be as short on me, though not too long, as I think the jacket is about 28" long.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... Last