FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Aye versatility is a big factor here, as is general shape/usage. People who have held/owned these totes would be great sources - @joshua ?

Otherwise my wishlist items are:

- Navy and/or printed plimsolls
    - New umbrella
    - New wallet. Sorely tempted by Burberry one on MrPorter sale.
    I've got thee Want bags now, two O'Hares and one Lindbergh. I can honestly say you won't find a more refined bag for the money, for me they're like the luggage version of Common Projects. Like the classic CP's, the classic Want bags rarely go in the sale (you missed out when Coggles had a 25% off everything code).

Oh and for an umbrella, if you can afford it, check out Undercover London. Again, great quality classic and quirky umbrellas.

Trend Setter
    Yeah London Undercover look great, saw them on Mr Porter. Also saw an APC wallet that is frankly beautiful.

Re: WANT. That's a great review and exactly what I want to hear. Which one would you say out of those shapes is best for possibly carrying around bulky books/maybe a folder? The folder isn't a massive deal as I could get a cheaper tote to lug those around, but it'd be nice to fit it all in if the occasion calls for one bag. I assume the bigger one is better for that of course, but is it at all 'bulky'?

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Yeah London Undercover look great, saw them on Mr Porter. Also saw an APC wallet that is frankly beautiful.

Re: WANT. That's a great review and exactly what I want to hear. Which one would you say out of those shapes is best for possibly carrying around bulky books/maybe a folder? The folder isn't a massive deal as I could get a cheaper tote to lug those around, but it'd be nice to fit it all in if the occasion calls for one bag. I assume the bigger one is better for that of course, but is it at all 'bulky'?
    No problem, it's exactly what the forum's for. The Lindbergh is bigger than the O'Hare and has a leather panel at the bottom which is nice looking and functional to keep shit from ruining the canvas. The Lindbergh will be better for your folder etc but there's not much difference in size, mainly the O'Hare is taller and the Lindbergh is wider. I typically use the Lindbergh more and probably prefer it over my two O'Hares.

Trend Setter
    i've actually been looking into the Lindburgh for a while myself, just taking a while to accrue the funds. I've seen the dimensions listed on other websites but @joshua do you think it would be fine fitting and supporting the weight of say a 13" laptop without looking stretched and bent out of shape?
    Last edited by LewisB; 11-07-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
    i've actually been looking into the Lindburgh for a while myself, just taking a while to accrue the funds. I've seen the dimensions listed on other websites but @joshua do you think it would be fine fitting and supporting the weight of say a 13" laptop without looking stretched and bent out of shape?
    Good choice indeed. Yeah no problem at all, that's exactly what I carry around it in and it copes with it fine.

Trend Setter
    do you do much in the way of maintenance/cleaning in order to keep it looking fresh?

Trend Setter
    I would say get an o'Hare for this. It is still large. The Lindburgh will be more traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I would say get an o'Hare for this. It is still large. The Lindburgh will be more traveling.
    I wouldn't say the Lindburgh was big enough for traveling like weekend style.

do you do much in the way of maintenance/cleaning in order to keep it looking fresh?
    Probably should but I've never protected it with anything.

Trend Setter
    @James Its main use at the moment would be for uni, I need to fit my macbook, an A4 notepad, an A5 jotter, a couple of dense pieces of literature (English student) and other general tat. Also I'm 6'4" or so and I don't want it to look tiny, do you still think the O'Hare would work? It would be good if it did also double as a smaller overnight bag just to take a few things around my girldfriend's or whatever.

Trend Setter
    @James Its main use at the moment would be for uni, I need to fit my macbook, an A4 notepad, an A5 jotter, a couple of dense pieces of literature (English student) and other general tat. Also I'm 6'4" or so and I don't want it to look tiny, do you still think the O'Hare would work? It would be good if it did also double as a smaller overnight bag just to take a few things around my girldfriend's or whatever.
    I am 5'10 so not really tall and quite slim normally fitting a small. So i cannot realistically compare.

I went to the tailors earlier and took this bag with me. I fitted a pair of shoes, an umbrella, a sweatshirt and my bits and bobs, phone etc.

Here is a photo of the size in relation to me and a few things.

I cannot really comment on the lindburgh, but if it is bigger than this, I would just buy a leather holdall.

Last edited by James; 12-07-2014 at 07:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... Last