FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

FashionBeans Legend

What's your vibe?

Talking about this with a mate of mine, and they brought up the idea of someone having a vibe. We get a lot of beginners posting here looking for guidance, but really it's all about: what vibe do you want?

So the question is, what's your vibe, and if we're being sociable, what's the vibe of others here?

For me, it's probably something around heritage-led, but slim/skinny, sportswear and workwear. It's hard to describe. Don't want to get too pretentious around this, I guess it's just you look at things and see whether or not they fit your wardrobe.
    My fashion blog, 24 Pinfold Street at wordpress.
    Instagram: samrjclemens

Trend Setter
    If you're asking me what vibe I'm gonna lay down, it's gonna be very much a chilled out, let's get to know each other 'type o vibe'.

My vibe is European/casual/some streetwear I guess? I like casual outfits that look clean, I like the occasional graphic tee, I like adidas trainers.
    Last edited by ElNino333; Today at 03:44 PM.

Style Icon
    I've definitely found my vibe since being on here. I used to dress what I liked and didn't really have a style. Now I only buy things which fit my "vibe" and I will feel comfortable wearing and will fit into everyday looks. The boys on here have taught me a lot and I used to buy clothes for "best" and never wear them. Now I buy clothes that are wearable and dress them up and down.....mainly as I don't get to go "out out" much anymore.

I still have a lot of "pitti" clothes which I'll wear at weddings etc, but definitely more street wear these days without trying to look like a teenager.
    I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear.....

Trend Setter
    Actually found it quite hard thinking of how I'd describe by 'vibe'. Feel like if I give it a name I'm kinda restricting myself. Don't wanna be the guy that obviously stands out amongst the crowd but at the same time don't wanna disappear amongst the herd either.

Interested to hear other peoples responses.
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; Today at 06:07 PM.

FashionBeans Legend
    I try to give the vibe of being 30yrs old and whether being dressed up or down, being amongst the best dressed in the room without being too showy.

That and pure filth...

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    Don't wanna be the guy that obviously stands out amongst the crowd but at the same time don't wanna disappear amongst the herd either.
    I'd agree with this to some extent but I am really trying to find what mine is and I'll be able to do that a lot more once I have the time and resources to do so this summer.
    I'd say my vibe is more European than the general population where I live, I'm not opposed to skinnies and I generally avoid Jordans in favor of dressier shoes & minimalist trainers.
    I do like to make sure I'm noticeable though so I try to go for somewhat alternative pieces (e.g. grandad collar instead of normal)

I'll be looking to develop that more seeing as my paycheck has just come in
    Tasteless Ape

Fashionisto
    I used to try the 'Pitt' vibe too, but I moved to a more preppy vibe 2 years ago. Bought Fluxes last year and went to a more streetweary vibe. Bought mt first Chelseas in autumn last year and I'm currently trying to balance streetwear and Rock and Roll.

+ Reply to Thread