FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Style Icon

Opinions on these casual shoes please?

I own some loafers/drivers which I like, but want a second pair of summer shoes that go well with jeans or shorts in a casual outfit that will stand the test of time. I've picked out these two pairs of neutral brogues that fit the style I've been looking at the last couple of years. What do people make of them and which do you prefer?

Officine Creative - Harvard Suede Wingtip Brogues

Brunello Cucinelli - Suede Wingtip Brogues

FashionBeans Legend
    Second pair by a long shot. Too much going on with the officina ones.

Style Icon
    Thanks as I was leaning towards the first pair. What puts you off them?

Style Icon
    I agree, the suede is smoother, they look a little bit more structured, and overall less like clarks which is something you would want if you're gonna splash on them.
    That being said, I'm not completely sold on the look, you've obviously put some thought into it but I can't quite work out how they'd fit in to a wardrobe
    Tasteless Ape
    I already know you don't like my jeans

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosstrippin View Post
    I agree, the suede is smoother, they look a little bit more structured, and overall less like clarks which is something you would want if you're gonna splash on them.
    That being said, I'm not completely sold on the look, you've obviously put some thought into it but I can't quite work out how they'd fit in to a wardrobe
    They are a neutral coloured shoe in a relatively breathable material that will fit with pretty much any outfit involving jeans, chinos or chino shorts. Sort of thing anyone could style providing the trousers fit properly.

Des

FashionBeans Legend
    First ones for me as I think they'd looked better with denim and shorts, plus I've never really liked that pinkish colour

FashionBeans Legend
    Both are nice but I struggle seeing these as casual. Guess they will smarten up a casual fit when paired correctly.
    My fashion blog, 24 Pinfold Street at wordpress.
    Instagram: robx4000

FashionBeans Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Thanks as I was leaning towards the first pair. What puts you off them?
    The detail and additional colours around the stitching to the soles, I'm not fond of. The other ones are more minimal.

J8x

Trend Setter
    Prefer the first but I'd personally try and find plain derbies in a similar style. Think the menswear type have ruined brogues for me which is a shame cause suede brogues can look great when styled casually. If its definitely between these two then crep soles >>>

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Both are nice but I struggle seeing these as casual. Guess they will smarten up a casual fit when paired correctly.
    Not the sort of thing I'd wear to football or walking about, but for going to wine bars or for dinner they're ideal IMO. Find them much less formal than leather brogues or most other lace-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    The detail and additional colours around the stitching to the soles, I'm not fond of. The other ones are more minimal.
    Thanks mate. Must admit those are the details attracting me to them. Guess it depends whether you/I like chunkier brogues or stream-lined ones.

+ Reply to Thread