FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Chino Joggers?

I keep running across joggers that are not sweats (khaki, black, grey etc. chinos) what do you guys think of these? I thought they would go well with a pair of simple Dr. Martens boots for a casual situation. Let me know what you think about that sort of pants in general and also my idea. Thanks

Fashionisto
    Personally not a fan. I'd say go either one way or the other - chinos or joggers.

Trend Setter
    I really don't understand the appeal of wearing joggers outside of doing actual excercise - makes as much sense to me as going down the pub wearing football boots. Joggers are a functional item (for excercise), and wearing them outside of this purpose i think looks sloppy and cheap.

Id say just stick with actual trousers, such as chinos.

However, this is just my taste - if you genuinely like the look of them, forget anyone elses opinion and go for them. Maybe think of what top you'd actually wear with these, and go to the shop to try them on with the top and see if you like the total look.

Des

FashionBeans Legend
    Everytime I wear a polo shirt I feel bad that I'm not on court trying to serve an ace

Trend Setter
    Don't worry, im sure Fred Perry didn't!

Style Icon
    I don't care how many pictures are posted with casual shirt, peacoat, and New Balance paired with joggers. It doesn't work for me.

And comparing joggers with the polo shirt doesn't quite drive the point home, considering they played tennis in pressed trousers back then. Perhaps you should step up your gym wear instead of downgrading your casual wear?

Des

FashionBeans Legend
    Sweatshirts? Trainers, brogues, peacoats, chinos... To suggest something can't be incorporated into fashion because of its original function is ludicrous.
    Although the outfit mentioned does sound more of a student thing

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    To suggest something can't be incorporated into fashion because of its original function is ludicrous.
    A valid point, but we're still talking about dressing up joggers - which in my world is like asking which blazer to wear with Crocs.

Trend Setter
    I understand peoples points on clothing items being used outside original functions - but i just don't see it with joggers.

Maybe its just me, but i only really see these with people doing excercise, or the types of people you see on those Chanel 5 benefits programs. They just look awful imo.

I genuinely don't mean to offend or upset anyone, but they really do look awfully sloppy. I can understand their practical application and use, but not as something to wear with the intention of looking good. Its a utility item, not a fashion item. Its no different to trying to dress up track suit bottoms.

+ Reply to Thread