FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

How Long Do You Wait?

I was looking for boots a month ago and found pair I thought were perfect. Right look, great comfort, durable, perfect color. I didn't buy them right when I saw them because I usually sleep on decisions. In this case, I also had to fly across the country, so I could not go back to the same store (I found these boots literally three hours before takeoff).

The problem is, they were last year's style! I didn't know that at the time, but the same boot in this year's style is not near as good. I have been looking everywhere for the past month, from online to malls to stand-alone stores. Nada. Nor have I found anything really similar. I can't even find a picture of the old boot online. How long do people keep searching for the perfect article of clothing? Is it time to move on and buy something else? Winter is coming, after all, and it would be nice to have a boot.

FashionBeans Staff
    I go on the basis of how expensive a mistake it could be. If I'm spending a lot of money on something then I want to know that the thing I buy is perfect for me, I've lost too much money buying things that I don't wear and just end up taking down the charity shop. I'm looking for a leather jacket at the moment but I'm anticipating it being a very long time before I find the one.

However, I do believe there is such a thing as love at first sight (only within the context of clothes however) and in that moment you can only really buy it; you can always send it back.

I think it's time for you to move on, getting hold of previous season stock will be a right old brain ache and you're better off using your time to find another pair.

Trend Setter
    I have to agree with you. And it just so happens that I was out looking for boots today and actually came across a pair that I feel good about! These Aldo Degrass boots in congac.

DEGRASS - men's casual boots boots for sale at ALDO Shoes.
    I ordered them from the store so I don't have to pay shipping (they didn't have my size), and I'll get to try them out in my house. If I don't like them, I can return them whenever so long as I haven't taken them outside. I have a good feeling about them. I was looking for a refined look, light color, comfort, practicality, and good price. These come close on all of those, as far as I can tell. A pair of medium blue jeans and a white oxford, or grey cords and a white cable knit sweater, or burgandy chinos and a grey jumper...I think they would all rock with these boots.

tajdon
    If the shipping indicates that the delivery will be in a maximum time of let's say 2 weeks, you would have to wait for 2 weeks max. If it exceeds that span of time, then might as well call the shop. Usually if it hasn't been delivered within 2 weeks, usually they call you and inform you of what happened. Most cases they will bring back your money.

Hi,

I got one of my favorite jacket but i don't wear it casual or roughly because i love to wear it occasionally. eg. if mostly going to some party... because the long i wait the more eagerness it creates to wear that jacket and the best part it remain as it is (new).

+ Reply to Thread