FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Men's Farah Vintage Clothing - Opinions?

Hey, first of all, hello everyone!

Was wondering if you could help me, i'm sure you guys will know more about this sort of stuff then me. Was looking at a cable knit Farah Vintage sweater for this winter, however, it dawned on me that i know nothing of Farah except that they made trousers in the 80s for men ha.

Could you perhaps tell me more about it, and importantly, do you rate it?
    Also, what other brands would you compare it to, so I can get an idea?

Many thanks

Leon

FashionBeans Staff
    Hey Leon!

Firstly welcome to the community! I'm personally a big fan of Farah Vintage, the collection holds a lot of timeless pieces and by the sounds of things that cable knit jumper is one of them. Link us to what you're after buying and see what thoughts/alternatives you may receive.
    "Lifes too short to blend in..." - Owner of Brighterman Accessories

Check out my articles for Fashion Beans - In my spare time I try to live a lifestyle I normally can't afford

FashionBeans Staff
    Hi Leon

Like Paul I also highly rate Farah Vintage and do own a pair of Prince of Wales check trousers from there which are currently my go to, especially with heritage being such an influence at the moment.

In terms of brands that are in the same mould. I see Farah (and it's vintage collection) as a traditional British brand and so draw comparisons to the likes of Ben Sherman and Aubin & Wills.

Thanks for the feedback guys,
    I'm posting a link to the jumper below. I'm really a fan of the colour, long sleeve styling & knit design, i'm not quite ready to go whole hogg with the bolder cable knits. Also, would you recommend Cotton or Wool? I saw a cotton one by Lyle & Scott that was alright, but i'm quite keen on wool, there is a serious lack of it in my wardrobe.
    What's your ideas on the jumper?
    And also, for anyone else, their ideas on Farah Vintage?

Cheers

Farah Vintage | Farah Vintage Kingston Crew Cable Knit Jumper at ASOS

I like the jumper. I don't really care about brands unless they are really terrible (Bench, Nickelson, Henleys). The main thing is quality, material and fit.

Wool is warmer and justifies the cost more, however cotton doesn't pill (bobble) as much, which is a bonus. That said, they offer a different aesthetic and I wouldn't be without some of the wool & wool-blend items in my wardrobe, particularly this:

It does pill A LOT though so I am forever de-fluffing it!

FashionBeans Staff
    I do like Farah - I've got my eye on some grey Flannel Trousers floating about in Urban Outfitters; just debating on whether I could or in fact want to rock the cropped trouser look.

I've been checking out this web site here for a while and have been drawn to their Farah range, what do you think:

Farah Vintage | Retro, mod and indie clothing from AtomRetro.com

It's just so hard ordering off of the net due to sizing and returns etc etc.

Is there anywhere in the UK that sells this range in an actual shop? Do they have a shop / place of retail in London?

there is lots of farah vintage in tkmaxx in Dublin at the minute

J8x

Trend Setter
    Farah products on the whole are great quality for the price. Only dodgy thing I've seen is some strange sleeve lengths but I really like their basics.

+ Reply to Thread