FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Maison Martin Margiela H&M Line Next Month, Which Stores?

does anyone know which stores will have the MMM line of clothing in stock in the uk? it says they will have their stuff online too but i'd like to try it on instore first. here is an article about it;
    Maison Martin Margiela for H&M campaign unveiled - Telegraph

Trend Setter
    Probably most flagships and very high grade stores.

Trend Setter
    I can only find around 5 shots from the mens lookbook online but a lot of it looks very strange - certainly nothing shouting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Probably most flagships and very high grade stores.
    thats what I was thinking, probably one of the london stores. I know that they have a couple of shops in brighton but I don't know if they would be considered high grade enough to stock the line. i'm in the south east so would be looking at places in that region.

FashionBeans Staff
    They won't stock any of it in Brighton, the stores are too small, you'll have to go up to the flagship stores in London to even see it. They've got a small sample on GQ:

Maison Martin Margiela collaborates with H&M - GQ.COM (UK)
    And quite frankly its pretty awful, as with every other menswear collaboration they seem to do, it's just full of strange clothes that cost too much. The tailoring is passable but the rest is just rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    They won't stock any of it in Brighton, the stores are too small, you'll have to go up to the flagship stores in London to even see it. They've got a small sample on GQ:

Maison Martin Margiela collaborates with H&M - GQ.COM (UK)
    And quite frankly its pretty awful, as with every other menswear collaboration they seem to do, it's just full of strange clothes that cost too much. The tailoring is passable but the rest is just rubbish.
    I haven't seen much of the mens mainly seen the womens items. will probably head into london then when i'm next going up there to see it in person.

I thought it was supposed to be selling at a reasonable price? and that was the point of the collabs, to bring expensive designers clothes down to a more affordable cost?
    what do you mean by rubbish, bad quality clothing?

some of it isn't for me, but out of those pics I thought the sheepskin style jacket was quite good.

FashionBeans Staff
    I just don't like any of it, I can't vouch for the quality. This is of course my personal opinion, part of the problem is that it isn't really my cup of tea.

If you like it then I guess its a good exercise, but I've always found H&M collaborations to not be particularly exciting.

+ Reply to Thread