FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

London Tailors

Hello

I just ordered a couple of blazers and wanted to get them altered to make them a bit more form fitting.

Can anyone recommend any good tailors in London? Not too bothered about price so long as the quality of their is top grade.

Thx

Fashionisto
    I recommend Fashion Work Rooms near Holborn, they did a fantastic job on some of my shirts and blazers.
    I believe the Paul Smith Convent Garden branch use the same tailor.

London Fashion Workrooms

tajdon
    There are lots of underground tailors in London. Those that can totally do whatever high class and mainstream tailors can do, they can do it as well. They can achieve whatever you want with an affordable price.

'Underground' tailors? Where can I find them exactly?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_ View Post
    I recommend Fashion Work Rooms near Holborn, they did a fantastic job on some of my shirts and blazers.
    I believe the Paul Smith Convent Garden branch use the same tailor.

London Fashion Workrooms
    Went with London Fashion Work Rooms in the end.

Pricey, but they seemed to know what they were doing, so I think the outcome will be good fingers crossed.

Style Icon
    May I ask how much? I need a blazer altered (sleeves shortened, and maybe taken in a bit and shortened slightly) so I'm wondering whether it's worth spending the money, or buying a new blazer.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    May I ask how much? I need a blazer altered (sleeves shortened, and maybe taken in a bit and shortened slightly) so I'm wondering whether it's worth spending the money, or buying a new blazer.
    I had some material taken from the sides (22) and from the back (18) so total 40.

For me it was worth it as I wanted a more tailored look, otherwise the blazer felt a bit bulky around the mid section.

Got it back. Very happy with the work they did.

They were very pro, they did not try to overpromise on alterations they couldn't deliver on just to make a fast buck.

Will definitely use them again. Wish their opening hours were a bit longer mid week, a 6pm close means leaving work earlier than usual to catch them before they shut shop for the evening.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    whilst its doable i wouldnt recomend shortening the jacket - it may throw it out of proportion with regards to where the pockets are and also can ruin the shape of the suit. the other alterations are straight forward though. i reccomend the SEW and Go franchise, have always been impressed with the alterations theyve done for me.

+ Reply to Thread