FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Does This Jumper Look Ok?

Got this jumper for my birthday last year and while it is a nice piece, it's sooooo chunky, which has kind of made me feel unsure about it.

Anyway, rather than umming and ahhing, I thought I'd post up a pic and get some opinions on it.

So, does it look good? Shall I start busting it out now the weather is getting cold?

Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 24-10-2012 at 08:47 PM.

looks good to me!

Fashionisto
    Looks fine, any bigger then it wouldn't suit you. Would like nice with a light grey snood.

Style Icon
    I find the neck a bit baggy for a stand-alone piece, so I think a light grey t-shirt would look good under it, but other than that it's great.

I actually have the Trek crew which preceded your one, and I also find it very chunky. My one is very slim fitting, but I think this is because it was a medium which shrunk to a small/xs. It looks awesome with a pair of light grey cords.

It looks great here too:

Last edited by _Ben_; 25-10-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Style Icon
    I really like it.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

FashionBeans Staff
    I'm not a big fan of the neck line, its too low. I've always found All saints knitwear to be really hit an miss on sizing, shape and construction (so pretty much everything) they are either huge in size or a really strange weave.

Thanks guys

I am a fan of a low neckline generally, but maybe the combination of low neck with such a chunky knit is a bit incongruous. Will try layering it up with something with a closer neck.

Fashionisto
    Yeah I would go with Ben's idea bout the light grey undershirt, or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    I find the neck a bit baggy for a stand-alone piece, so I think a light grey t-shirt would look good under it, but other than that it's great.

I actually have the Trek crew which preceded your one, and I also find it very chunky. My one is very slim fitting, but I think this is because it was a medium which shrunk to a small/xs. It looks awesome with a pair of light grey cords.

It looks great here too:

Hey Ben, sorry to resurrect the thread but you mention that your jumper shrunk... How did you shrink it? I think mine could do with a bit of that action!

Style Icon
    When I bought it it was listed as a size XS, but the label states that it's a medium so I didn't personally shrink the jumper.

I have, however, shrunk two All Saints jumpers before which worked, but bear in mind the wool may seem a lot denser.

I simply washed them at 40-degrees and then left them out, flat, to dry.
    I've never tried it, but I have considered wearing a jumper in the bath before if it was too big to see if that would have an effect.

I guess it depends on whether you want to risk shrinking the jumper to a size that is far too small for you.

+ Reply to Thread