FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Fashionisto

Clothing Brands To Avoid

Which clothing brands, without a thought or hesitation, do you avoid at all costs?

Theres several brands I avoid, I just wondering what others would make the hall of shame in your opinion.

Firetrap, Bench & Superdry

Even if I like the garment I just can't wear

Would wear unbranded garms though

Trend Setter
    G-Star, SuperDry/Osaka, Gio Goi, Duck & Cover..

I would ordinarily include "Firetrap" in here by default.. but I just picked up a really nice tweed blazer from them lol

Voi is actually the worst

Fashionisto
    Ed Hardy. The worst brand ever.

Agree with the G-Star, SuperDry picks above as well.
    Last edited by mattyg; 30-10-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Style Icon
    I used to be INCREDIBLY picky when it came to brands. These days, I've taken a sort of Cartesian approach to shopping (subtle Philosophy reference for you lot!) by getting rid of all existing prejudices I have. You definately pick up more bargains that way.

That said, Henleys and the like are a definate nono. Superdry as well, although I am coming around to the idea of buying some joggers from there. They look damn comfy!
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Nat

Style Icon
    I take a more pragmatic approach tbh - judge each garment on its merits. I don't wear anything with big logos or which looks a bit chavvy (which generally rules out most of the brands above), but then I recently bought a charcoal chunky wool cardigan by Firetrap (with no branding on it whatsoever) which I absolutely love and wear all the time.

Trend Setter
    I agree with Nat in theory, but I still have no plans to buy Sketchers ever again (okay, they're a shoe company, but still). Terrible quality, though I suppose I got what I paid for. Suprised to see G-star on people's list. I got a pair of jeans from them which has served me will over the past few years. Can anyone elaborate on what they don't like about them?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I agree with Nat in theory, but I still have no plans to buy Sketchers ever again (okay, they're a shoe company, but still). Terrible quality, though I suppose I got what I paid for. Suprised to see G-star on people's list. I got a pair of jeans from them which has served me will over the past few years. Can anyone elaborate on what they don't like about them?
    My personal problem with G-star is that they seem to have branding all over them, and a lot of the jeans I've seen out on the streets seem to have their logo all over their back pockets which I personally can't stand. As well as this, in the area I'm from they are heavily affiliated with a certain type of teenager who dresses in head to toe "high street designer" clothes. It might be a bit snobbish but in all honesty I don't want to be affiliated with these people in any way.

I'm sure they have some decent products, ones with less branding.

I'm used to be very picky with what brands I would wear, but now I'm more open so long as they haven't got large logo's dotted around the garment I may be interested in.

^Agreed, G-Star do some nice bits, but the heavily branded stuff is atrocious imo. It is also pretty overpriced for what it is.

Generally I don't worry about brand too much, I don't mind if it's something I've never heard of and the item of clothing is nice, but there are certain brands I actively dislike and would not go near, even if the item was nice. But, if there was no noticeable branding, I might still go for it. Prime example is the Fashionbeans TM Jack & Jones Roll Neck.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last